+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by joer1212 View Post
    Dermmatch looks frighteningly expensive, and a lot of trouble to apply.
    The compacts last a long time and it is not much trouble to use the makeup at all. Only slightly more trouble than fibers. However, the fact that Dermmatch can hold up to heavy sweating from exercise and even swimming makes it the big winner. You can also allow someone to run their fingers through your hair and it doesn't ruin it. None of the fiber based concealers can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The compacts last a long time and it is not much trouble to use the makeup at all. Only slightly more trouble than fibers. However, the fact that Dermmatch can hold up to heavy sweating from exercise and even swimming makes it the big winner. You can also allow someone to run their fingers through your hair and it doesn't ruin it. None of the fiber based concealers can do that.
    Wow, then I made a mistake to order Hair So Real.
    If this product can't hold up to sweat, and will run, then it's definitely a no-go. Too bad the item shipped already, or I would get my money back.
    At at about $50 for a tiny container of Dermatch, it won't be long before I end up spending as much on concealers as on a hair transplant. Not worth it.

If this product can't hold up to sweat, and will run, then it's definitely a no-go. Too bad the item shipped already, or I would get my money back.
    At at about $50 for a tiny container of Dermatch, it won't be long before I end up spending as much on concealers as on a hair transplant. Not worth it.
    I would try out the product first, I havent heard it runs too much with sweat, but rain and such it will definitely run.

The stuff is not a permanent solution and is meant for day-to-day use and touch ups and such. If you're beyond a NW3 it gets harder and harder to use. But if you just have a thinning crown it works quite well from what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    I would try out the product first, I havent heard it runs too much with sweat, but rain and such it will definitely run.

The stuff is not a permanent solution and is meant for day-to-day use and touch ups and such. If you're beyond a NW3 it gets harder and harder to use. But if you just have a thinning crown it works quite well from what I've read.
    Yeah, you're right. I should give it one try so that I have first-hand experience with this product. If it sucks, then I can confidently go get a transplant, knowing that I did everything I could, and exhausted all my options.

Hey man Hair So Real works just as good as all the others. I bought some off of eBay and it works great (providing you have some hair for it to stick to). I use it on my crown where a bald patch is starting to reveal itself. As far as sweat goes, unless you are working out in a gym or whatever it shouldn't really come off. Rain is your no.1 enemy when its comes to these sort of concealers.

It sounds like everything is about the money for you. FYI, in most cases a hair transplant isn't the end all to hair loss, especially if your loss is in the crown. You'll likely end up using concealers in addition to the HT.

You say you have no problem with a 10k (cost) HT, but then will only try the cheapest concealer going, doesn't quite make sense to me.
    It makes perfect sense.
    The main reason I don't want to get a hair transplant is because I would like to avoid spending 10k, even though I can afford it if I had to.
    It would be counterintuitive to then go ahead and spend tons of money on a concealer, money that will would soon add up to 10k, anyway, in a few years.
    If that was the case, it makes much more sense to just drop the 10k on a permanent solution once, and forget about it.
    The whole advantage of buying the cheapest concealer (that does the job well) is that it would take decades for me to spend 10k on it.

Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    It sounds like everything is about the money for you. FYI, in most cases a hair transplant isn't the end all to hair loss, especially if your loss is in the crown. You'll likely end up using concealers in addition to the HT.
    Since my crown hair loss is mild to moderate, requiring only 1,200 grafts, I think the transplant will be the cure.

Since my crown hair loss is mild to moderate, requiring only 1,200 grafts, I think the transplant will be the cure.
    Sadly, you are very mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Sadly, you are very mistaken.
    Well, I'm not exactly expecting teenage-like hair density. I just need to look un-bald. My hair loss is not that extreme that it cannot be covered up with a transplant alone, even though it may not be quite as dense as it was 20 years ago.