I think I hit the end of the road...Finasteride won't work for me.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJacobs152
    • May 2011

I think I hit the end of the road...Finasteride won't work for me.

With 2012 coming to an end, I've felt this year has been the worst year for my hair loss since 2004, when I first noticed it. I voluntarily stayed back over my spring break to study for my medical school exit exam, a few weeks ago my dog of 3.5 years old passed away, and now my medical school licensing exam is coming up adding more stress.

However, looking in the mirror and seeing my hair flourish away, just adds more grief and pain. With my exam coming up, it's going to determine what type of physician I'm going to be for the next 40-50 years, it's a very demanding and competitive exam. Looking in the mirror and seeing my hair loss is preventing me from studying effectively. I've resorted going to my university library, to study, so I wouldn't be looking at myself in the mirror 24/7 - if I were studying at home. I started to think why this would happen to me. It dawned on me that during my junior/senior year of high school I started to take a supplement by the name of 1-AD which eventually became metabolized to 1-Testosterone, and via some unknown pathway, this product would later get converted to DHT.

Link to source: http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/hi...c/27368-1.html

It's a massive FAQ link. Search for "finasteride". It'll only yield 3 results. Find the article talking about 1-testosterone

Reading last night about how fin won't work for people like myself, was just damn frustrating. Even though using it only twice, I can't belief that the side effects are still occurring almost a decade later.

I want to get my blood work done to measure the amount of bound/circulating 1-test levels in my body. What does BTT think?
  • NotBelievingIt
    • Oct 2011

If you havn't taken the steroid in over 10 years, its not affecting you now. Its quite possible that Fin simply won't work for you, or the DHT squeeze is strong enough that Fin alone isn't enough. Considered adding in minoxodil and maybe Nizoral?

Comment

• JJacobs152
      • May 2011

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
      If you havn't taken the steroid in over 10 years, its not affecting you now. Its quite possible that Fin simply won't work for you, or the DHT squeeze is strong enough that Fin alone isn't enough. Considered adding in minoxodil and maybe Nizoral?
      Thanks for posting, it means a lot. I seriously need to get my focus back onto studying for my board exams.

At the moment, I'm using 5% minox, will add 2% nizoral shampoo with this. Contemplating of using the spironolactone cream to help since it is an anti-androgen.

However, going to purchase the RU compound, since it is an irreversible blocker of DHT.

Comment

• JJacobs152
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Highlander
        What is your norwood at the moment? My advice would be to live life hard now, and whilst you still can. I've seen men go down this path before, and there just isn't a life worth living past NW3. Anyone who tells you is lying.
        Maybe I'm just so busy and stressed study for my board exams, I just don't seem to care for some reason right now. Currently just using minox foam on my head. Last pic, just poofed my hair up. As you can see, there is diffuse thinning going on. I would like to get a HT done by the end of the year as a graduation gift, but

more pictures as you scroll down.

Comment

• BigThinker
          • Oct 2012

School is a ton of stress man, no doubt. If I didn't smoke bud on the daily, I probably wouldn't cope with grad school all that well.

Honestly, you're obviously a pretty smart cat. Get paid as a doctor, cut your hairy really short, work out, and get married to some down-to-earth dime who wants to live comfortably in her late 20s. And that's just worst case scenario. You'll have dough for all the treatments you want after that, and should have the networking and personal knowledge to do it responsibility. Better than being some herpdy derpdy workin minimum wage and going bald - that' just be torture.

Best regards, guy.

Comment

Working...