Threaded View

Default ? about divorced women

This has nothing to do with hair and everything to do with relationships and how women think. Looking for advice on what to do.

After many years of being out of the game, I decided to try my hand at online dating . It didn't take long before I hit the jackpot, or at least that is how it seemed. Very pretty, hi IQ, good person. After a couple of weeks , we meet and have a "running date" - she runs marathons and I run to lose weight. It was fun and I think things went well. I don't hear from her for a few days,..I think she is out of town but regardless she does start communication and tells me she recently got divorced and doesn't want to do anything serious right now just friends. I asked her point blank if there was something about me she did not like, not her type, not attractive enough to tell me now and no hard feelings. But she never said anything . Sometimes when we communicate she is really happy other times, doesn't say much at all.

I also have another friend on this site who lives thousands of miles away so no chance of us dating and no reason for her to mislead me. She is warning me that recently divorced women will string men along. Instead of telling them they are not their type willl just kept talking until someone better comes along and then just disappear. She also predicted that the conversations will get less and less until they are no more and that already seems to be happening. This girl is very busy , I know for a fact and I don't see her on the main dating site much at all anymore, but I do see her on our secondary one just about every night.

I know some of you already have it against women but I know their are more moderate folks on here as well. Do you think my friend is right about this girl and I am probably wasting me time. I don't want to give up unless it's totally hopeless and I can't really tell at this point. There are already other women contacting me but they are not my types and I am being honest with them up front , but still will talk to them as I feel it is the decent thing to do. But I have told them upfront I was not interested.

So have any of you ever seen divorced women do something like this(string soemone along with no intention of dating)? I like to think the best of people but don't want to be a fool if this is a common practice.

Thanks!