+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 2,150 FUE 7 days post op pain in donor area? ?

I had a FUE procedure performed last week. I had no pain at all for the first 3 days. On day 4 I now have a decent amount of pain all over the donor area. I would rate the pain between 5-7. I called the doctor and was told it would go away with time. Im going to see him tomorrow for a follow up. The doctor specilizes in FUE and did an amazing job. I was just wondering if anyone else has had pain in the donor area and how long the pain lasted?

Pain is normal after these procedures. There was always pain after my FUTs but it wasn't terrible or anything. Yeah, probably 5. I wouldn't worry about it, and I think it should go away after some time.

Thanks, I figured I would have some pain. It's just I didnt expect it to start so late and be constant. Kinda feels like a burning sensation. I know everyone heals different. Im very happy with the doctor. The area looks good just a little pink It's been 7 days. I will try to post a pic.

Day 7 donor area pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG

Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	17043  

scooby,

I think your donor area at this point in time looks just fine. Yes the post-op pain can seem increased at this point in time because the various nerves that were severed from the extractions are beginning to heal. They may not seem as painful immediately afterward because of the numbing effect.

You may also in the near future begin to notice an itching sensation as well which can also be attributed to the healing process. You may even notice an extended numbing sensation until those nerve endings heal and regrow. For some, it can take up to one year to regain full feeling.

The post-op pain should subside very soon and your doc may advise using an over-the-counter pain reliever like Aleeve which is long acting.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Not uncommon - You have just had 2000+ small sections of your scalp extracted - Its not a picnic ;-)
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I went to the doctor. The reason appears to be overactive nerves. During my procdure the doctor had to numb me a second time during extraction. He told me this is very rare. I have been numbed in the past for stitches and dental work, and the doctor aways needs to numb me multiple times. He believes it is my nerves coming back and said it could take up to two months.

That i have heard of - the nerves will reconnect and the pain will calm down.

Best

Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hi, I am on day 6 following FUE and had 3,400 grafts done. I had minor pain until today. My pain seems quite a lot today. If my pain was 3 or 4 in the first few days, then today, it feels like 6 or 7. I am also feeling a bit of a fever/temperature today. I am not sure what to make of it. I assume it's normal and it effects each person slightly differently.

I was about to post the same question until I saw your thread. I am so glad for these forums sometimes.

Im on day 10 now and pain is now ok with out meds. It is still sensitive and still some pain. When I went to the doctor he did prescribe me a antibiotic just in case. He did not think there was an infection but just to safe. I woud call your doctor if you have any fever as that could for sure be a sign of infection.