+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Unhappy Help-hair loss regime is ruining my face(acne)

Hello fellow friends,

Iv'e been breaking out big time, I've been getting acne type-Nodules (http://www.acne.org/types-of-acne.html) mostly around my lower mouth and on near my cheek bone. My skin was flawless and it sucks cause now I'm worrying about acne. Here is my regime-

-rogaine/minixoidl
    -proscar
    -spiro 5%
    -biotin 1000cm
    -just started iron/zinc
    -folligen
    -emu oil

This is my regime, has anyone experience severe acne from any of these products or were known in other sites? I also posted a picture when I had flawless skin, this was a year ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	my photos 216 - Copy.jpg

Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	17040  

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Hello fellow friends,

Iv'e been breaking out big time, I've been getting acne type-Nodules (http://www.acne.org/types-of-acne.html) mostly around my lower mouth and on near my cheek bone. My skin was flawless and it sucks cause now I'm worrying about acne. Here is my regime-

-rogaine/minixoidl
    -proscar
    -spiro 5%
    -biotin 1000cm
    -just started iron/zinc
    -folligen
    -emu oil

This is my regime, has anyone experience severe acne from any of these products or were known in other sites? I also posted a picture when I had flawless skin, this was a year ago.
    you had a very good hairline

how many mg Zinc do you take per day? are you sure you need iron, I dont think that's something should be used as a supplement?

and what made you decide to start topical spiro?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    you had a very good hairline

how many mg Zinc do you take per day? are you sure you need iron, I dont think that's something should be used as a supplement?

and what made you decide to start topical spiro?
    I had a very good hairline, I'm receding from my temples "mature hairline" I just know how to cover them well by letting my bangs grow out a bit more. I'm also diffuse a bit on the right side of my temple, not noticeable if I have my grown out.

I started taking zink a week ago 65mg and I iron 2 weeks ago. I'm taking iron 50mg everyday because I think I'm anemic, I have pretty much all the syptoms. I know it's pretty stupid and I will get my blood check out soon. I'm using topical spiro because of the great results this guy had
    (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=142250361) I believe this stuff actually works, I've been on it about 2 months now, will wait for the 7 month to see any improvement.

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    I had a very good hairline, I'm receding from my temples "mature hairline" I just know how to cover them well by letting my bangs grow out a bit more. I'm also diffuse a bit on the right side of my temple, not noticeable if I have my grown out.

I started taking zink a week ago 65mg and I iron 2 weeks ago. I'm taking iron 50mg everyday because I think I'm anemic, I have pretty much all the syptoms. I know it's pretty stupid and I will get my blood check out soon. I'm using topical spiro because of the great results this guy had
    (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=142250361) I believe this stuff actually works, I've been on it about 2 months now, will wait for the 7 month to see any improvement.
    all right man yeah you should definitely see a doctor if you believe you have anemia and get that diagnosis, I think 50 mg Iron as a supplement is quite high if you dont have a deficiency. also with 65 mg of Zinc if you plan on taking that daily make sure you get enough Copper as well.

update us on your results with topical spiro and if you manage to regrow your hairline with that regimen

Don't know if this will help, but my acne pretty much cleared up when I changed my diet to vegetarian and cut back on sugary drinks/sodas.

That will absolutely help! I believe that acne and other skin conditions can be significantly improved, if not cured simply by eliminating sugar and animal products from your diet. Not easy to do, but it works!

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Don't know if this will help, but my acne pretty much cleared up when I changed my diet to vegetarian and cut back on sugary drinks/sodas.

Are you sure that it's your hair loss regime? I'm not a doctor, but I don't see anything in there that should be instigating acne. The finasteride, if anything, should reduce facial oiliness. Consider getting a prescription for topical Retin-A. It's expensive, but it's amazing for skin. It's used by cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists as an anti-aging property, but it's extremely effective in fighting acne. It's a retinoid, but because it's topical and not oral, it doesn't cause hair loss. I started it a year ago, and my skin looks younger--smoother, less oily, and tighter.

I had acne pretty bad age 12-16 - it fully went away by the time I was 19. Now, I've got breakouts again (age 24)? It feels like I'm going through a second puberty - I've been getting weird hot flashes and my penis appears a bit longer/girthier than it was even 4-5 months ago.

I JUST started keto, but otherwise there was no treatment I was on for MPB, as I basically just started losing my hair in May.

IDK, sort of off topic, sort of not.. I just am confused by my body right now. I guess my body isn't done growing, and hair loss is part of that change.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    update us on your results with topical spiro and if you manage to regrow your hairline with that regimen
    I will keep you guys posted on the topical spiro for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    That will absolutely help! I believe that acne and other skin conditions can be significantly improved, if not cured simply by eliminating sugar and animal products from your diet. Not easy to do, but it works!
    I never drink soft drinks at all, just water or juice, I do eat a lot of meats, and protein shakes, not so much on vegetables/fruits because I'm trying to bulk up.

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    Are you sure that it's your hair loss regime? I'm not a doctor, but I don't see anything in there that should be instigating acne. The finasteride, if anything, should reduce facial oiliness. Consider getting a prescription for topical Retin-A. It's expensive, but it's amazing for skin. It's used by cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists as an anti-aging property, but it's extremely effective in fighting acne. It's a retinoid, but because it's topical and not oral, it doesn't cause hair loss. I started it a year ago, and my skin looks younger--smoother, less oily, and tighter.
    Yeah, I heard biotin is probably the cause of this, I keep hearing people breaking out from it. Hey thanks, is there a way I should take this? I'm planning on buying online because I really don't want to see a dermo and get prescription. what percentage do you use??
    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I had acne pretty bad age 12-16 - it fully went away by the time I was 19. Now, I've got breakouts again (age 24)? It feels like I'm going through a second puberty - I've been getting weird hot flashes and my penis appears a bit longer/girthier than it was even 4-5 months ago.

I JUST started keto, but otherwise there was no treatment I was on for MPB, as I basically just started losing my hair in May.

IDK, sort of off topic, sort of not.. I just am confused by my body right now. I guess my body isn't done growing, and hair loss is part of that change.
    Same here bro, breaking out at age 23, what the **** is going on? Same penis problem it's getting bigger lol I don't want a "mature hairline".

Same here bro, breaking out at age 23, what the **** is going on? Same penis problem it's getting bigger lol I don't want a "mature hairline".[/QUOTE]

reflex hyperandorgenicity?

are you more hornier than normal?