+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    MAKE HIM STOP BALDIN! lol yeah, his scaring the shit out of me.
    lol just helpin a bro out. i was considering not posting but thought you might appreicate the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    lol just helpin a bro out. i was considering not posting but thought you might appreicate the heads up.
    I'm just joking and I thank you because I never heard of this side effect until you brought it up. I will still continue proscar but I'll pay more attention on temple hair sheds, oily skin/scalp, horniness and any new break outs.

I'm just joking and I thank you because I never heard of this side effect until you brought it up. I will still continue proscar but I'll pay more attention on temple hair sheds, oily skin/scalp, horniness and any new break outs.
    lool i know you are.

Yeah, I heard biotin is probably the cause of this, I keep hearing people breaking out from it. Hey thanks, is there a way I should take this? I'm planning on buying online because I really don't want to see a dermo and get prescription. what percentage do you use??
    I started with a tube of the .025%, then moved up to the .05%. The application is key on this stuff: because it inhibits oil production, if you use too much, you can wind up with pretty flaky skin. That's not the end of the world, and you can just exfoliate and moisturize, but it takes some getting used to. Use a pea-sized amount evenly throughout the face, and once you've rubbed it in, take a piece of toilet paper and press on the corners of your mouth, the creases on the sides of your nose, and your cheekbones--those are the places that tend to flake the most, so you want to remove any excess from those areas. And don't push it up into your hairline. You'll notice that the side effect disclosure lists "hair loss," but don't freak out--I've asked a lot of doctors about that, and they said they've never seen it cause loss. Dr. Charles (I think it was him) posted on a thread about it that as long as you don't push it up into your hair, you'll be fine. It's great stuff--I think you'll like it. Oh, and use it every other night, or you'll dry your skin out too much.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    I started with a tube of the .025%, then moved up to the .05%. The application is key on this stuff: because it inhibits oil production, if you use too much, you can wind up with pretty flaky skin. That's not the end of the world, and you can just exfoliate and moisturize, but it takes some getting used to. Use a pea-sized amount evenly throughout the face, and once you've rubbed it in, take a piece of toilet paper and press on the corners of your mouth, the creases on the sides of your nose, and your cheekbones--those are the places that tend to flake the most, so you want to remove any excess from those areas. And don't push it up into your hairline. You'll notice that the side effect disclosure lists "hair loss," but don't freak out--I've asked a lot of doctors about that, and they said they've never seen it cause loss. Dr. Charles (I think it was him) posted on a thread about it that as long as you don't push it up into your hair, you'll be fine. It's great stuff--I think you'll like it. Oh, and use it every other night, or you'll dry your skin out too much.
    THANK YOU!
    I bought mine at ( http://www.ioffer.com/buy/buy-3-get-...y1961-f9oe8mk0) for about 60 bucks. Yeah, I'm pretty much going to apply it on affected areas, like above my chin, upper lip, and around my cheeks. No where near my hair lol freak that, so you only apply it every other night? What do you use during the day? I wash my face 4 times a day with acne treatment. I'm paranoid, I met some new girl last week and my acne wasn't bad at all, till sunday night and were meeting up today. My acne is in recovery mode, so hopefully it settles down by the time we get wasted together

THANK YOU!
    I bought mine at ( http://www.ioffer.com/buy/buy-3-get-...y1961-f9oe8mk0) for about 60 bucks. Yeah, I'm pretty much going to apply it on affected areas, like above my chin, upper lip, and around my cheeks. No where near my hair lol freak that, so you only apply it every other night? What do you use during the day? I wash my face 4 times a day with acne treatment. I'm paranoid, I met some new girl last week and my acne wasn't bad at all, till sunday night and were meeting up today. My acne is in recovery mode, so hopefully it settles down by the time we get wasted together
    I'd apply it on your lower forehead as well, maybe an inch, inch and a half above your eyebrows. One of the great things about Retin-A is that it pulls double duty as an acne treatment and an incredible anti-aging property; that's what plastic surgeons and spas use it for. So if you use it on your forehead, you'll see some nice improvement to the smoothness and quality of your skin there, and it should help stave off forehead wrinkles. And yes, I only apply it every other night. Despite the fact that I have fairly oily skin, daily use really is too much; my plastic surgeon said he recommends EOD use to everyone. There's no HARM to using it every day besides drying out your skin too much or getting flaky, so you can experiment and try it out. But it can irritate skin, and everyone reacts differently to it, so taper onto it. That's what I forgot to mention before: every third night for the first three weeks, then every other night. If your skin gets a little red when you apply it, that's normal.

I don't use much during the day, because my oily skin doesn't absorb moisturizer well and it stays shiny. I'm also older than you (30 in two weeks), so acne and pimples aren't a concern because I'm well past puberty now. I use a Neutragena (spelling?) salycylic acid wash in the shower. When I'm out of the shower, I use a gel scrub and an exfoliating scrub on alternate days. I'm prone to puffy undereyes, so I sometimes dab on a Kiehl's eye treatment. And I moisturize at night on the days I don't use Retin-A.

Thumbs up

I'd apply it on your lower forehead as well, maybe an inch, inch and a half above your eyebrows. One of the great things about Retin-A is that it pulls double duty as an acne treatment and an incredible anti-aging property; that's what plastic surgeons and spas use it for. So if you use it on your forehead, you'll see some nice improvement to the smoothness and quality of your skin there, and it should help stave off forehead wrinkles. And yes, I only apply it every other night. Despite the fact that I have fairly oily skin, daily use really is too much; my plastic surgeon said he recommends EOD use to everyone. There's no HARM to using it every day besides drying out your skin too much or getting flaky, so you can experiment and try it out. But it can irritate skin, and everyone reacts differently to it, so taper onto it. That's what I forgot to mention before: every third night for the first three weeks, then every other night. If your skin gets a little red when you apply it, that's normal.

I don't use much during the day, because my oily skin doesn't absorb moisturizer well and it stays shiny. I'm also older than you (30 in two weeks), so acne and pimples aren't a concern because I'm well past puberty now. I use a Neutragena (spelling?) salycylic acid wash in the shower. When I'm out of the shower, I use a gel scrub and an exfoliating scrub on alternate days. I'm prone to puffy undereyes, so I sometimes dab on a Kiehl's eye treatment. And I moisturize at night on the days I don't use Retin-A.
    Woahh, Also helps for anti-aging?? Will definitely use this on my forehead has advise. Thanks for this regime, I appreciated it buddy!

I'd apply it on your lower forehead as well, maybe an inch, inch and a half above your eyebrows. One of the great things about Retin-A is that it pulls double duty as an acne treatment and an incredible anti-aging property;
    Ha! Might have to get me some of this Retinol-A stuff, do you know reputable online supplier?

To the OP, up until I was 23 I suffered from acne, what really worked for me was drinking at least 5 mugs of hot water every day. It may sound quackers but it really did clear up my skin in afew months which is remarkable when one considers I had suffered from spots years before.

Hot water is supposed to cleanse the system, most people are dehydrated without even knowing it, if you dont like the taste of it you can add Twninings teas to it. Green tea is also supposed to be good for your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmalo View Post
    Ha! Might have to get me some of this Retinol-A stuff, do you know reputable online supplier?

To the OP, up until I was 23 I suffered from acne, what really worked for me was drinking at least 5 mugs of hot water every day. It may sound quackers but it really did clear up my skin in afew months which is remarkable when one considers I had suffered from spots years before.

Hot water is supposed to cleanse the system, most people are dehydrated without even knowing it, if you dont like the taste of it you can add Twninings teas to it. Green tea is also supposed to be good for your skin.
    My acne has calm down now but I will give your regime a try. Thank you marshmalo.

You have to be careful about how much Zinc you take. 65mg sounds like WAY too much to me dude.