+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Washing hair after FUE transplant

Hello,

I just wanted to let you guys know that I finally got my FUE treatment done 3 days ago. So far so good. I have been given a moisturizer and shampoo to use from day 3. I have been given specific instructions on how to use it. I just want to check that it's not going to be too much of an issue starting it from day 4? Basically delay it by a day as I will be back at home, in familiar surroundings. I will obviously ask the hospital the same question, but I just wanted to check with some experienced people here as you guys have been very helpful so far.

As you can imagine, I am bit scared to do anything that could risk hair growth, so I want to do it absolutely right.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Not doing anything will do no harm, Simply wait to get home and set your stall out. No harm simply pouring water over your head at this stage if you feel you need to clean it up.

Try not be too anxious.

Who did your session ?
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hi Spex, thanks for your reply.

I didn't use anyone famous. I used Beauty Travels 24 (http://www.beautytravels24.com/), a German company with hospitals in Istanbul. I had 3,400 grafts done. I was advised by them that I would need around 5,000-5,500 (I think) grafts in total. They said to do the 3,400 and see how I feel with the look, and if I want I can do another 1,000-2,000 grafts after a year.

It's obviously too early to tell. However, I have to say I was very impressed with their hospital, it was huge, and their service of the staff and management was good. I know they did a lot to make sure I was looked after. There were some things where they could improve on (but who can't).

Hopefully it will work for me. If it does then I won't have any issues recommending them. However, at this stage, I don't want to go around recommending anyone as it's too early I think. If it does work, it is great value for money.

I hope it all works out ok for you. Keep us informed.

Best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Thank Spex for your support. To all the other guys on here, thank you for all your support. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.

thinking,

Water in itself has some healing properties. Most FUE docs will advise their patients to simply pour a shampoo mixture over the recipient and donor area without rubbing the grafts or rubbing the scabs that formed in the extraction area (donor). Others may advocate a saline based solution over the area which also facilitates the healing process.

Typically the extraction sites from FUE close up fairly quickly compared to the healing process of a sutured donor area. So donor area healing with FUE usually takes place much quicker than strip.

You did no harm IMHO by waiting a few extra days before applying your shampoo mixture.

Best wishes to you on your upcoming regrowth!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Thanks Gillenator.

I know each clinic advises slightly differently. I was given a moisturiser to put on and leave on for 40 minutes then wash off. Then to use a shampoo. And to do this for once a day for week 1, and twice a day for week 2.

On a seperate note, I was told to be very careful in the first 10 days and sleep on my back. I find sleeping on my back very difficult, but that's what I have been advised. I also told not to bend down too much (in the first few days) as it may make my head or forehead swell.

I had a bit of swelling on the side of my face, but that subsided after 1 or 2 days and it's nearly gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    Thanks Gillenator.

I know each clinic advises slightly differently. I was given a moisturiser to put on and leave on for 40 minutes then wash off. Then to use a shampoo. And to do this for once a day for week 1, and twice a day for week 2.

On a seperate note, I was told to be very careful in the first 10 days and sleep on my back. I find sleeping on my back very difficult, but that's what I have been advised. I also told not to bend down too much (in the first few days) as it may make my head or forehead swell.

I had a bit of swelling on the side of my face, but that subsided after 1 or 2 days and it's nearly gone now.
    hi mate how your hair progressing since your hair transplant? thinking to book with beauty travels 24. thanks

Well, I recently wrote a thread on this forum saying that it was slow progress. I am just under 3 months. However, I do think they offer a great price and deal and their hospitals are first class better than most private hospitals you get in the UK. In my case, they did 3,400 in one long day. There was 3 of them. They do it quite aggressively meaning they don't have time to waste on being too polite with you during the procedure. But they get the job done.

For me it's too early to tell. I have definitely had some growth, because I did not have any, I mean any hair at the front. However, it's too thin at the moment to call it "proper" hair. However, at their prices, if it works, I don't mind going twice. So I will have to wait at least another 9 month to know fully whether it has been a success. I am a bit uncomfortable recommending anyone without knowing the final result. But if you are asking if the are a genuine outfit, the the answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    Well, I recently wrote a thread on this forum saying that it was slow progress. I am just under 3 months. However, I do think they offer a great price and deal and their hospitals are first class better than most private hospitals you get in the UK. In my case, they did 3,400 in one long day. There was 3 of them. They do it quite aggressively meaning they don't have time to waste on being too polite with you during the procedure. But they get the job done.

For me it's too early to tell. I have definitely had some growth, because I did not have any, I mean any hair at the front. However, it's too thin at the moment to call it "proper" hair. However, at their prices, if it works, I don't mind going twice. So I will have to wait at least another 9 month to know fully whether it has been a success. I am a bit uncomfortable recommending anyone without knowing the final result. But if you are asking if the are a genuine outfit, the the answer is yes.
    thanks mate 3 months is early i had 1 done here in ireland but i couldnt really tell after 3 months to, but i had still bit of hair in top but it did come along i had 1500 grafts, but know my own hair is shedding and i notice my grafts that were inplanted when i closely look in mirror had that over 3 years ago. iv contacted beauty travel they reccommend i get 3500 grafts from the photos i showed them and come back after year to get 1500. trust me mate dont panic because its to early to tell but its good sine you notice small amount after 3 months as thats when hair starts poping up.