+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks for the feedback.

Well all I can say about them is that they bent over backwards to look after me. That is all the staff except the surgeons who were very busy. I can understand the surgeons being busy and not having time for small chit chat. But everyone else went out of their way for me. And the hospital size and service was 5 star. The room they gave me was bigger than my hotel room. It had it's own living room. Huge bathroom, the works. I took pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

Well all I can say about them is that they bent over backwards to look after me. That is all the staff except the surgeons who were very busy. I can understand the surgeons being busy and not having time for small chit chat. But everyone else went out of their way for me. And the hospital size and service was 5 star. The room they gave me was bigger than my hotel room. It had it's own living room. Huge bathroom, the works. I took pictures.
    no prob mate. thanks again for some info on them. hope yours come along. if you dont mind letting me know how it comes on in few months that would be good. thanks

I basically pop into this forum either once a month or every couple of months. So you will certainly see updates from me on this forum, whether they are good or bad. Good luck for now.

I basically pop into this forum either once a month or every couple of months. So you will certainly see updates from me on this forum, whether they are good or bad. Good luck for now.
    gl mate. thanks

Looking forward to your progress thinking and wish you the best as you should begin to notice new growth emerging anytime now.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

thanks gillenator, I am seeing progress, but very small. As everyone keeps saying. That's how it is in the beginning. I will keep you guys posted.

Hi Spex, thanks for your reply.

I didn't use anyone famous. I used Beauty Travels 24 (http://www.beautytravels24.com/), a German company with hospitals in Istanbul. I had 3,400 grafts done. I was advised by them that I would need around 5,000-5,500 (I think) grafts in total. They said to do the 3,400 and see how I feel with the look, and if I want I can do another 1,000-2,000 grafts after a year.

It's obviously too early to tell. However, I have to say I was very impressed with their hospital, it was huge, and their service of the staff and management was good. I know they did a lot to make sure I was looked after. There were some things where they could improve on (but who can't).

Hopefully it will work for me. If it does then I won't have any issues recommending them. However, at this stage, I don't want to go around recommending anyone as it's too early I think. If it does work, it is great value for money.
    Hi, about that German company in Istanbul you went to, could you tell me how it turned out in the end, were the results satisfactory, or would you recommend others against this clinic? Thanks.

Hi Dave,

I am not someone who normally goes around recommending companies. However, in this case, I have to say if you are on a tight budget these guys are excellent value for money. I feel I got excellent results, by most people's standards. However, I am a hard to please type of guy. I went from a NW6, completely bold on top, and I mean no hair on top, to a guy who has a lot of hair on top. Unless you come close to me, or it's a very sunny day, it's hard to know that I ever was bold. I would like to be even thicker, or have it even more dense. However, I tell myself that I need to be practical and realistic. To go from a NW6 to a full head of hair with, thick hair, takes 3 plus sessions. I just had 2, and I am very pleased. And I am only 6 months or less into my second session.

The only question in my head is, if I had gone to someone well known, would my results have been even better? I suppose I will never know. I had the money at the time, because money wasn't too much of an issue for me. However, I was sceptical whether it would work out for me. So the way I argued it in my head, I could lose £2K on HT and tell myself I tried and it did not work out for me, however, if I went with some of the London based HT clinics, I would have been down £8K to £12K (which is about $20,000) and I would kick myself if it didn't work out.

I have to pinch myself that it worked out

You tell yourself all sorts of stories to convince yourself. But one of the best decisions I have made was to have the HT done. Very happy. I mean about having the procedure done. I cannot recommend or not recommend these guys. I can only tell you my experience. You may have a different experience and result to me!

Hi Dave,

I am not someone who normally goes around recommending companies. However, in this case, I have to say if you are on a tight budget these guys are excellent value for money. I feel I got excellent results, by most people's standards. However, I am a hard to please type of guy. I went from a NW6, completely bold on top, and I mean no hair on top, to a guy who has a lot of hair on top. Unless you come close to me, or it's a very sunny day, it's hard to know that I ever was bold. I would like to be even thicker, or have it even more dense. However, I tell myself that I need to be practical and realistic. To go from a NW6 to a full head of hair with, thick hair, takes 3 plus sessions. I just had 2, and I am very pleased. And I am only 6 months or less into my second session.

The only question in my head is, if I had gone to someone well known, would my results have been even better? I suppose I will never know. I had the money at the time, because money wasn't too much of an issue for me. However, I was sceptical whether it would work out for me. So the way I argued it in my head, I could lose £2K on HT and tell myself I tried and it did not work out for me, however, if I went with some of the London based HT clinics, I would have been down £8K to £12K (which is about $20,000) and I would kick myself if it didn't work out.

I have to pinch myself that it worked out

You tell yourself all sorts of stories to convince yourself. But one of the best decisions I have made was to have the HT done. Very happy. I mean about having the procedure done. I cannot recommend or not recommend these guys. I can only tell you my experience. You may have a different experience and result to me!
    Thanks for the response and the advice. Just out of curiosity would the thinness on top have anything to do with these two factors, (a) you were a Norwood 6 and (b) you only had 3,400 grafts implanted? I'm not too sure if the below info is 100% correct, but I'd say it would be close. The below diagram is of a NW6 patient made by another clinic, and the density achieved by each amount of grafts covered over the entire 200 sq cm area or so that a NW6 needs infilled.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...ity/Slide3.jpg

As you can see, 3000 grafts only works out at about 15 grafts per sq, which like 3400 grafts is just about on the verge of "appearance of hair re-established" as opposed to "appearance of density" on this calculator below.

http://ahdclinic.com/grafts-calculator/

So wouldn't it not be the case that with another Hair Transplant of 3,400 or so that you'd have pretty much a full head of hair with little to no see through? I'm asking because I want to make sure that whatever clinic in question is doing good work on patients and not providing sub-par surgeries to their patients. Cheers.

Thanks. Those are useful. I am pleased with the result so far. As I said I am 5 months into the second. On the first FUE I had I think about 3,000 or 3,200 grafts. On the second, I had just under 3,000. It is very difficult to do a lot of grafts on the second, that's what I am told. So with around 5,000 grafts I hope it will look pretty good in 7 months time. I am happy with what I have so far. Although if I did get another 2,000 it would be great. But I am good for now. Thanks.