+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Norwood 2 as a toddler ;\

Hmmm, so apparently I was a NW2 as a toddler? haha, it's weird, i've like benjamin button'd hairline-wise [see attached]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	524374_871867394756_674668808_n.jpg

Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	17056  

Bad news update. My blood work came back and I'm fit as a horse. ... MPB and/or stress are the reason for my hair loss.. now I just hope I have a simply maturing hairline... don't have my hopes up, so don't tell me not to

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Bad news update. My blood work came back and I'm fit as a horse. ... MPB and/or stress are the reason for my hair loss.. now I just hope I have a simply maturing hairline... don't have my hopes up, so don't tell me not to
    It might be a "Mature hairline" like this actor, 17 years later and still the same hairline.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	paul_rudd_gallery_main.jpg

Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	17068  

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    It might be a "Mature hairline" like this actor, 17 years later and still the same hairline.
    Yeah, i don't have diffuse thinning, it's all in the hairline so far. If nothing else, i'll try and stop it early and rock a mature hairline for 10 yrs or so

So, I've been using 2% keto shampoo for ~2 weeks now, without any other "medical" interventions. (I also use castor oil, perform nightly scalp massages, eat a diet prime for healthy hair).

Anyways, I've seen people post a handful of studies regarding the efficacy of 2% keto, and have found a few myself on-line. I won't bother to dig them up and provide links, unless someone requests it.

My question: Anyone else on here just using 2% keto shampoo and had positive results?

My hairline that has been thinning out for the last 4-5 months now has small black budding hairs all over. I broke a cardinal rule for this forum, and didn't take "before" pictures, so I'm not sure how valuable a "now" picture would be to you all.

Just wanting to open a discussion on the efficacy of 2% keto shampoo (without other pharmaceutical or medical interventions) - I feel like I could use some grounding, because I'm pretty damn delighted by my progress and don't want to be naive. Still attending a derm appointment in less than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    So, I've been using 2% keto shampoo for ~2 weeks now, without any other "medical" interventions. (I also use castor oil, perform nightly scalp massages, eat a diet prime for healthy hair).

Anyways, I've seen people post a handful of studies regarding the efficacy of 2% keto, and have found a few myself on-line. I won't bother to dig them up and provide links, unless someone requests it.

My question: Anyone else on here just using 2% keto shampoo and had positive results?

My hairline that has been thinning out for the last 4-5 months now has small black budding hairs all over. I broke a cardinal rule for this forum, and didn't take "before" pictures, so I'm not sure how valuable a "now" picture would be to you all.

Just wanting to open a discussion on the efficacy of 2% keto shampoo (without other pharmaceutical or medical interventions) - I feel like I could use some grounding, because I'm pretty damn delighted by my progress and don't want to be naive. Still attending a derm appointment in less than a month.
    I've been using it for a few months now by itself and to be honest I don't think it has done much (if anything). To be honest man I would add Minox as I have done just recently. Keto isn't really expected to give you any regrowth, it may help slow it down very SLIGHTLY and can often help in keeping your scalp healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    I've been using it for a few months now by itself and to be honest I don't think it has done much (if anything). To be honest man I would add Minox as I have done just recently. Keto isn't really expected to give you any regrowth, it may help slow it down very SLIGHTLY and can often help in keeping your scalp healthy.
    Totally. And to be perfectly transparent, it's what my GP gave me as I'm waiting to see a derm early Nov. Kind of nice to give my scalp a month to get used to the keto before I prospectively begin fin. Prob not going to ever get on Minox. Just slow the loss down, hopefully, and enjoy life.

How come you don't want to try minoxidil? I suppose fin might be better for your situation.

Yeah, I have quite a bit of hair left. So, slowing it down might be suffficient. Plus, fin and keto are so cheap, and hardly inconvenient. I think if I can just slow my hairloss, I'll be content with my life. Probably just let it go once I've been married a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    well maybe he's on fin/minox or even had some plugs in the hair line, who knows? he's an actor, most of them "miraculously" stay the same for ages