+ Reply to Thread

Default Itch from Minox..not any more.

Ok. So I've been using Minoxidil 5% for over 13 years and have always had this bad itch or irritation after applying it. The weird thing is that the itch has now completely disappeared. Well, actually it's been about 2 years since I started noticing this and I'm wondering what could have happened. I always buy my Minox (Kirkland or Rogaine) on Ebay because we don't have 5% in retarded canada. I'm just wondering if what I've been buying lately is fake stuff. How could the itch just disappear all of a sudden? I really don't know what to think.

Anybody else buys on Ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Ok. So I've been using Minoxidil 5% for over 13 years and have always had this bad itch or irritation after applying it. The weird thing is that the itch has now completely disappeared. Well, actually it's been about 2 years since I started noticing this and I'm wondering what could have happened. I always buy my Minox (Kirkland or Rogaine) on Ebay because we don't have 5% in retarded canada. I'm just wondering if what I've been buying lately is fake stuff. How could the itch just disappear all of a sudden? I really don't know what to think.

Anybody else buys on Ebay?
    Happend to me too in the first month i would wake up at night scratching mys calp like crazy! But eventually it stops...

After more than a decade of itch and irritation it just goes away like that ! Not that I mind that it doesn't itch any more but I'm just worried it might be fake or something.

If you're worried and you can buy the same brand from a local pharmacy it might give you some peace of mind.

I hate going to local market because of the PEOPLE . yes OP I've bought 95% of my rogaine/minoxidil on ebay. Seems legit, just make sure the seller has enough reviews.

EDIT: it's odd because I never experience the itch, only in the back of my head but I only apply rogaine/minix on the temples and frontal hairline.

Thanks guys for the replies. I know the chance of someone selling fake Kirkland or Rogaine Minox is a very small chance but it's a crazy world out there and it's full of crooks with unlimited imagination when it comes to finding ways to rip people off.
    I just ordered Rogaine on Ebay and hopefully this time it will give me irritation. Well, not really but that would give me peace of mind for sure.

I just don't know why the hell the 5% isn't available in canada.

Sorry to rekindle this old thread but I have to say there are definitely fake Kirkland Minoxidil floating around on ebay.....no way of knowing, well except when you try it and realize no redness and no itch like the real thing.....so buyer beware. I found out by accident, I had one bottle of the real stuff from Costco when I received the fake stuff, I tried them out and noticed no reaction at all from the ebay bought batch, I confirmed it by using the store bought and the itch and the redness was noticeable unlike the fake batch. I've since switched to Member's Mark so I wouldn't get scammed.

Man I had just started using minoxidil about 4 weeks ago and after the second week i noticed that my hair stopped falling out as much and also had the redness and itching also after it dried up my hair would feel dry and kind of stiff well i ran out of that brand and went the kirkland route and right away the redness stopped so did the itching and after drying my hair wasnt dry or stiff at all could it be i have some of that bootleg kirkland kind of pissed because ive noticed after these 4/5 days on the kirkland minox my hair is starting to fall a little bit again is it shedding ? or did i get suckered ?