Should I start Finasteride? [Pic Included] - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Well less than 1% of millions is still a few thousand thus you're going to have a vocal minority that thinks many people will get these sides and spreading fear that everyone else is lying when they dont experience permanent or major sides.

    I'm going on month 4 with no side effects, same with my brother and many others. There are tonnes of people on here that use FIN and dont have sides, while I can count on my hand the amount that have consistent/permanent side effects from fin and complain about it(well cant say permanent as many have only had the sides for a few month, but definitely persistent.)

    It's definitely your choice and it should be taken into consideration that side effects are possible, but there are MANY, MANY things you do in life that have tiny chances of something bad happening, many medications you take that have a 1% chance of rashes, weird headaches etc. but would you seriously not take medication with a 97-99% chance of being perfectly normal after taking it(with maybe a temporary side)? or even a 85-90% chance of not experiencing any at all?
    Well I had weighed up the pro's and con's, but then gobshites like this clown come on and post stuff like this right off the bat.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jairus View Post
    Fcuk sake kid I was a week away from pulling the trigger on Fin and now I see this shit. Cant win.

    With no intended offense to anyone who feels they have suffered from finasteride, all I can say to that PFS website is LOL. They really seem to be cashing in on people's fears. I mean the Donate button is right there in front of your face.

    Anyway. I'm not a doctor so don't take my words as medical advice, but just look into the studies and make a rational decision. There is no substitute to evidence, and there is nothing more superior in providing that evidence than the scientific process.

    You'll find horror stories everywhere about almost anything taken topically or systemically. Example: Many people tout saw palmetto as the natural alternative to finasteride. Now, google 'saw palmetto ruined my life' and see what you get.

    I'm on my fifth day of fin.

    Best of luck.

  3. #13
    Member Marshmalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    71

    Default

    I didn't intent to scare anyone just trying to make the OP have all the information and both sides of the argument so he can make an informed decision. If you've decided to take fin there's no point worrying about sides, that can just make you paranoid and make them seem worse.

    There's a 1 in 3 chance we will develop cancer in our lifetimes so I guess it's all about perspective but if you do start fin you have to accept you could be in that 2%, that's all I'm saying. There's no need to insult me because I'm not telling you want you want to hear.

  4. #14
    Senior Member dex89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmalo View Post
    Hi Big thinker, your hairloss looks about the same stage as mine. I've just started Minoxil treatment.

    I have heard only good things about online site InHouse Pharmacy. They stock well priced generic drugs, usually produced in India and have Proscar and Finpecia. I only used them very briefly, ordered Finastride but stopped a month afterwards due to sides.

    If you order finastride from then you'll know pretty soon whether its real or not as almost every one seems to get some sides initially.

    I really wish I could go on Fin again but the sides are just too scary, I don't mean to put you off but you need to accept that you could be one of the unlucky ones that gets permanent sides. I found out today there is even a Post Finasteride Foundation: http://www.pfsfoundation.org/ and alot of people seem to think that %2 is is an underestimate.
    At least we know inhouse is legit and I thank you for that. Have you tried taking a lower dosage then what you were taking before? I had the side effects but only for 3 months, I still manage to have intercourse by manually working it out and dirty thoughts. Horny goat weed also helps tremendously. OP, get on proscar, it's a risk you should take, minoxidil foam is also available now and it's a lot more cheaper then rogaine foam.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    I remember being in this position and thinking the risks of even temporary sides was small. And permanent? Oh like 99% improbable.

    6 months later I am still trying to get back to normal.

    There is a real risk. Start with minoxidil. Then go on Propecia if you're ok with the real chance of losing libido and penis sensitivity, potentially for good. I'd exercise extra caution if you're younger and have minor hair loss.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post

    I'm going on month 4 with no side effects, same with my brother and many others.
    the people that actually experience sides are the best responders.
    i look forward to what you witness on month 12 to 18.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frankieteardrop View Post
    BigThinker: Query, are you a law student? You certainly write like one.

    I too am on the fence about Fin. I've really thought about it, and I just might chance it on the sides if I can stave off losing my hair for another year or two. Right now I'm just weighing my options.
    The most intriguing option I've seen thus far is RU. Unfortunately, I'm reluctant to spend /that/ much on something experimental, that will not be continuously available for the complete course of treatment I require.
    Hey frankie,

    No, I'm not a law student, but I do write queries . I am in graduate school getting an MS in Health Services Research from one of the best schools in the nation for Public Health.

    Honestly, I have a hard time believing my libido can be decreased. It feels totally unquenchable. I've said this on a few different posts, but if I do go that route, I will probably do 0.5 mg regardless of what any physician says.

    I feel I'm being proactive about it enough that minimizing the shock would probably be the best for me mentally/emotionally and, as a result, physically.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I remember being in this position and thinking the risks of even temporary sides was small. And permanent? Oh like 99% improbable.

    6 months later I am still trying to get back to normal.

    There is a real risk. Start with minoxidil. Then go on Propecia if you're ok with the real chance of losing libido and penis sensitivity, potentially for good. I'd exercise extra caution if you're younger and have minor hair loss.
    Appreciate your feedback. If you don't mind me asking, how was the bio gradient you were using (dosage/frequency)?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-20-2018, 08:42 PM
  2. Wedding in June... start now or start later?!?!
    By bishog in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-06-2016, 05:10 AM
  3. 28 and heading to norwood 3 (pics included)
    By rickyrixon in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 06:52 PM
  4. Am I going bald?!?!? Pictures Included
    By stevenb in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 08:45 PM
  5. Just a few questions, (Pictures included).
    By Russian_Blue in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 05:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Am I a norwood 3v?
Today 03:32 PM
by Jimmy87
Last Post By Jimmy87
Today 03:32 PM
What is the MOST gentle shampoo?
07-01-2015 09:57 PM
Last Post By Avind1945
Today 11:30 AM
Deserve firm erection? Move to fildena
Today 03:53 AM
Last Post By fildenaus
Today 03:53 AM
Wanted advice on a good haircut style
05-26-2019 10:00 AM
Last Post By aboperdnom
Yesterday 11:31 PM