+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Inactive

Post Men with Shaved Heads Appear More Dominant, Study Finds

Forget hair transplants, pills and hair regrowth serums. A University of Pennsylvania researcher has a better alternative for balding men: shave it all off.

In three experiments, researcher Albert Mannes, a lecturer at the Wharton School at U. Penn — and a balding man himself — found that guys with shaved heads are not only perceived by others as more manly and dominant than other men, but also taller, stronger and having greater potential as leaders.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/09/2...-and-dominant/

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Forget hair transplants, pills and hair regrowth serums. A University of Pennsylvania researcher has a better alternative for balding men: shave it all off.

In three experiments, researcher Albert Mannes, a lecturer at the Wharton School at U. Penn — and a balding man himself — found that guys with shaved heads are not only perceived by others as more manly and dominant than other men, but also taller, stronger and having greater potential as leaders.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/09/2...-and-dominant/
    Interesting...thanks for the article.

Even though I am not bald.

Bald man+ bulked up body= BAD ASS

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Even though I am not bald.

Bald man+ bulked up body= BAD ASS
    I'm only 5' 11, so that won't cut it for me.

My equation has always been:

Handsome facial features + thick head of hair + accomplished academically and socially + lean/natural weight + above avg bulge = life success

Feel like a pompous, vain douche typing that, but hair loss has been compromising my lifestyle (even if it's all mental right now.)

Big thinker I am just like you, I look cosmetically good with a head of hair but my head shape is too weird to pull off a bald look, and I'm only 5'11 tops haha. Currently working on the confidence though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddho View Post
    Big thinker I am just like you, I look cosmetically good with a head of hair but my head shape is too weird to pull off a bald look, and I'm only 5'11 tops haha. Currently working on the confidence though.
    haha. Yeah, i buzzed my head for a change when I was like 16 and everyone pointed out my head was oddly shaped. I've always been able to style it to hide it.

My dad has the same head shape and is bald, so I'll survive. I'd rather not though

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    HAHAHAHAHHAH HAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!

Yea, nothing more manly than being a bald NW7 ****** who shaves his little horse ring and spends his days being paid out and avoiding mirrors. WHAT A LOAD OF ****ING BULLSHIT!!!!!1 WHO THE **** BELIEVES THIS!!??! Is that the reason why bald politicians are never voted for? And being taller? STRONGER!?! WHAT THE **** IS THIS!?!? Nice objective research Albert Mannes you bald prick. Too bad your steaming pile of **** you call RESEARCH isn't going to actually change anyone's mind!!!!!

When I see a bald man I'm like 99% of other people... I think to myself: He's gone bald and looks like **** so he shaves his head and walks around thinking we think he's just doing it to be fashionable. Nice one, baldie. Have fun spending the rest of your life looking like ****!

I wouldn't care if a million studies came back telling me that being bald meant a 10/10 woman would marry you on the spot. The truth is being bald makes you ugly, unfashionable, undatable, older looking, and generally unaesthetic and unworthy to reproduce. Really. If all you bald ****** out there stopped having bald manlet children we'd have solved this problem by now. But NO. **** LOGIC RIGHT?!? **** EVERYTHING THAT'S COMMON SENSE. HOW ABOUT WE SPREAD OUR DEFECTIVE GENES ON SO THE NEXT GENERATION; AND THE NEXT GENERATION CAN SUFFER OUR UGLINESS?

Son to father: Thanks Dad for making me unaesthetic. I'll enjoy the next five years I have after puberty before I'm fat and bald like you are.

BALD PEOPLE WHO HAVE CHILDREN DISGUST ME!!!

In closing I present my case as the following....

Ari Gold is a bit bald, yeah? The best thing is that balding can be latent, I've made it to 24 with only very early symptoms. HOLLA

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I'm only 5' 11, so that won't cut it for me.

My equation has always been:

Handsome facial features + thick head of hair + accomplished academically and socially + lean/natural weight + above avg bulge = life success

Feel like a pompous, vain douche typing that, but hair loss has been compromising my lifestyle (even if it's all mental right now.)
    cosine..

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Is that the reason why bald politicians are never voted for?
    How do you suppose Rick Scott and Jerry Brown got to be governors, then?

Interesting, I was just watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANF-0bvJYf4

I found this guys incredibly annoying for the first ew minutes but they grew on me later on in the video.