Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan26
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
    I did see it and it is interesting. However that method is not practical. By the time they have a workable system that a woman could use at home, Histogen and Replicel will have a much more effective treatment on the market.
    You can buy a mesotherapy gun yourself and they are very easy to use! However, they are quite pricey (500-thousands), but you do make up for it a little bit by only having to use very small amounts of minoxidil (or whatever else you want to inject). If I ever go that route I will make posts about it here. I think it is an option that should be explored, and surprisingly is not, but as you said in years time we will have Histogen.

Comment

• verver
      • Oct 2012

You were a lot rude, not a little.

Yes you did. If you are not a doctor, it is not your place. Making irresponsible uninformed recommendations does not help anyone. Treating women's hair loss is more complicated than it is for men. If you are not a doctor, you are not qualified to give advice on the women's hair loss.

I was not being disagreeable. I was being factual. Contraceptives are in fact notorious for triggering hair loss in women. If you actually knew what you are talking about, you would have known that. Advice from anyone who so obviously does not know what they are talking about is harmful advice.
      so basicly you are saying that our european doctors are simply plain old dumb right ?

Comment

• verver
        • Oct 2012

Both Diane 35 and cyproterone acetate are illegal in the US. So you need to be the one to shut up.
        Originally posted by mimosa
        (I'm not in the US).

Yes you did. If you are not a doctor, it is not your place. Making irresponsible uninformed recommendations does not help anyone. Treating women's hair loss is more complicated than it is for men. If you are not a doctor, you are not qualified to give advice on the women's hair loss.
        this place need alot of cleening then !
        Admin must delete 99,99 % of post because no one is doctor

Comment

• clee984
          • Feb 2010

Aw man, sometimes I really hate reading these stories, but I can't stop myself!

Dealing with hairloss is horrific for a man, I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for a woman. When my mum was having chemotherapy treatment and her hair started falling out in patches, it broke her heart

Whether we like it or not, men are shallower than women when it comes to choosing a mate, for evolutionary reasons - men have less invested in sexual encounters, and men just want a healthy partner who will produce healthy offspring, whereas women are looking for a male who is willing and able to protect her and said offspring. That, and because it is rarer in women, makes hairloss that much more difficult for ladies.

I guess this is a bit of a rant, but for the ladies here, how have you dealt with dating, men and confidence? And if any guys are reading, if a woman is otherwise attractive and nice and kind, would you accept her thinning hair, and that with her you'd never have her change her look/style much?
          That's an unequivocal yes, if a woman is otherwise attractive and nice and kind, it wouldn't bother me. And actually, reading your story reminded me of something - a couple of years ago, my then-flatmate and I had this friend, and we used to go and visit her in her building, and my flatmate and I both had a HUGE crush on her landlady, who was sexy as hell. Then our friend told us that her landlady wore a wig, because her hair was falling out (not sure why, if it was medical or what). I'll admit that I never saw her without the wig, but it didn't stop me and my flatmate lusting after her, lol.

I hope you're ok anyway.

Comment

• Person
            • Jun 2012

Bimatoprost will be much more effective than minox but will not be on the shelf until around mid 2017.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
              • Aug 2012

That's not true. You are closing the door on yourself
              Really? Tell me what other styles can you do because I am struggling to do anything other than that.

Comment

• gmonasco
                Inactive
                • Apr 2010

Contraceptives can promote hair growth in some cases, but that isn't a generally advisable application since the hair growth isn't necessarily limited to the scalp:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

• clarence
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
                  Really? Tell me what other styles can you do because I am struggling to do anything other than that.
                  You can have longer hair at the front, like I do, and most people can't really tell I'm losing hair... But long hair is the only style you can do to hide some of the hair loss, I'm afraid.

Comment

• Tracy C
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by verver
                    so basicly you are saying that our european doctors are simply plain old dumb right ?
                    Are you capable of paying attention? Now get off your lazy butt and read this. Read all of it. Every word.

Comment

• verver
                      • Oct 2012

Are you capable of paying attention? Now get off your lazy butt and read this. Read all of it. Every word.

http://www.americanhairloss.org/women_hair_loss/
                      i can't i'm a lazy butt

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                        • Jul 2011

I'm only 24 but I'm already dealing with hair loss

I feel I'm too young for this and the majority of women my age still have thick, luxurious hair... even my 86 year old grandma has a beautiful head of thick, silver hair. I still have enough hair to make it seem "normal" to the untrained eye, but some people have commented on how thin and fine my hair is. I hate that I can basically only wear it down, because with a ponytail some "bald spots" start becoming apparent.

But what what concerns me the most is what men think, even bald men. 'Cause no one wants a bald woman! Or at least that's what I feel... like maybe hair loss makes a young woman look sick or unhealthy. I've been told I have a pretty face and a nice body (I wouldn't know since I've always had low self esteem, but I do get some more attention than I'd expect). The problem is for example that I'm always scared that a guy will notice my hair loss, for example if he touches my hair in the heat of the moment (if you know what I mean) or if he sees my hair wet, etc. I'm not even talking about a long time boyfriend or husband who would "accept me just as I am", but someone I'm just getting to know.

It makes me sad that I'll never be truly attractive, I never had that chance because as a teen I was overweight and then after that I started losing my hair when I was like 18 I think... it was all very gradual so I didn't notice until last year, and I guess I was a bit in denial too.

I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS but maybe I have it? My sister has it, and she also has pattern hair loss. I have insulin resistance which is usually related to PCOS but I have no cysts and my periods have always been regular and normal, I also don't have any other markers like hirsutism or acne, but I've heard PCOS can be mild and go unnoticed. My thyroid is also fine. I'm on the pill and it made no difference whatsoever, positive or negative.

I guess this is a bit of a rant, but for the ladies here, how have you dealt with dating, men and confidence? And if any guys are reading, if a woman is otherwise attractive and nice and kind, would you accept her thinning hair, and that with her you'd never have her change her look/style much?

I think I have AGA... I'm not sure, but I think so, because my scalp is always really tight and tense, I have seborrheic dermatitis (which I guess is due to dht) and sometimes when I move my hair around or scratch some tiny, fine, almost transparent hairs come out... when I went to the dermatologist he just said I'm balding and didn't go any further and there aren't more derms or good endocrinologists where I live, and I can't afford to go somewhere else to see better docs and pay for expensive treatments (I'm not in the US).

But on top of it I suspect I might something else, because the tiny hairs only come from the top of my head (AGA), but the rest of my hair is also thinning, not only in density but the diameter of each strand has got finer with time (I've always had thin, fine hair, but looking at old pictures I had more density and my hair seemed stronger, coarser, better texture, etc.). My hair is still shiny though and it grows really fast and really long if I don't get haircuts regularly (at one point I didn't get a haircut for 2 years and it grew from my shoulders to my hips, I'm 5'7" so I think it's quite fast).

Sorry for the rant/length, I'm just feeling a bit down because I feel like I just missed my chance to ever be attractive, 'cause let's face it, it's not like I can reverse it or even stop it

I never notice women will hairloss. For some reason, girls with receding hair just doesnt stand out really. I wouldn't worry too too much.

Comment

• Jcm800
                          • Jan 2011

I do notice women with thinning hair - immediately, not saying it puts me off tho, i dated a woman who had thinning hair, still found her attractive - its quite surprising just how many women i do notice with thinned hair when i'm sat on a bus, or walking around town.

Comment

• Tracy C
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Jcm800
                            ...its quite surprising just how many women i do notice with thinned hair when i'm sat on a bus, or walking around town.
                            Now that the weather has forced me to get much of my exercise via mall-walking, I notice lots of women with varying degrees of hair loss. It makes me sad and I wonder if they even know female hair loss can be treated.

Comment

• Jcm800
                              • Jan 2011

Yeah its surprising how many women there are out there suffering with hair loss, I also wonder if many are aware they could be treated..

Comment

• Tracy C
                                • Sep 2011

Unfortunately, most women suffering with hair loss are completely unaware that there is anything they can do about it. Even more unfortunately most are too afraid to talk about it, so they never learn that they can probably treat it. Even more unfortunate than that, even many doctors don’t know what to do to treat female hair loss.

Comment

Working...