I feel afraid of what men think of me - Page 6 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Taking the subway in a big city everyday, the amount of women I see with hair loss is staggering! I probably only started to notice after I was losing my own hair (all I do nowadays is when I'm in public is examine peoples scalp from a safe distance :P). I feel like saying something! It's sad enough as it is and even more so knowing they could potentially be treated. Maybe I will start carrying little pieces of paper with 'thebaldtruth.com' on them and sneaking them in their pockets when they're not looking.
    Yes, women going bald used to be an extremely rare sight. Then I became aware of my own hair loss, and suddenly balding women became quite common.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    As I said, you guys are clueless about how women feel about it. You are also more clueless than normal.
    women are generally more judgmental about looks than men. they constantly talk about appearances of things all the time, thats why style channels and home and gardening channels are geared towards women

i wouldn't be surprised if most women with moderate to sever alopecia wouldn't date nw7'..or short guys....or poor guys...or guys with small pricks or any other thing they could find wrong

Quote Originally Posted by The Diaz Brothers View Post
    women are generally more judgmental about looks than men. they constantly talk about appearances of things all the time, thats why style channels and home and gardening channels are geared towards women

i wouldn't be surprised if most women with moderate to sever alopecia wouldn't date nw7'..or short guys....or poor guys...or guys with small pricks or any other thing they could find wrong

10char

This is my take on things in regards to how hair loss affects both men and women. Hair loss can be devastating for both parties, nobody likes to go through physical change which they have no control over. Men and Women can both suffer the negative affects when it comes to losing hair, both can become depressed, worried, insecure, hurt, angry. Male pattern baldness is a common and natural process, hair loss in women of course isn't as common. Perhaps women are a little more sympathetic and supportive to women who are losing hair, my experience throughout losing my hair was jokes from friends and family and I suppose they thought I was less likely to take offense due to the fact that male pattern baldness is somewhat expected in men but it of course can still have a negative impact on your confidence as a person.
    I think hair loss can be equally as hard on male and females alike. Insecurity is insecurity no matter what gender it decides to manifest itself in. I work very closely with a woman who has alopecia and she is easily one of the most bubbly and happy women I know, She's also an attractive woman. I also know a guy so sensitive about his hair loss that he wont even discuss it with a fellow hair loss sufferer. At the end of the day hair loss is hard on most people.
    As for the OP worried about what men will think of you well I personally would not overlook a relationship with a girl who was suffering from hair loss on the basis that I would feel a connection with said girl due to similar life experiences.