+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54
  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I did see it and it is interesting. However that method is not practical. By the time they have a workable system that a woman could use at home, Histogen and Replicel will have a much more effective treatment on the market.
    You can buy a mesotherapy gun yourself and they are very easy to use! However, they are quite pricey (500-thousands), but you do make up for it a little bit by only having to use very small amounts of minoxidil (or whatever else you want to inject). If I ever go that route I will make posts about it here. I think it is an option that should be explored, and surprisingly is not, but as you said in years time we will have Histogen.

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Country of Frog Eater
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You were a lot rude, not a little.





    Yes you did. If you are not a doctor, it is not your place. Making irresponsible uninformed recommendations does not help anyone. Treating women's hair loss is more complicated than it is for men. If you are not a doctor, you are not qualified to give advice on the women's hair loss.





    I was not being disagreeable. I was being factual. Contraceptives are in fact notorious for triggering hair loss in women. If you actually knew what you are talking about, you would have known that. Advice from anyone who so obviously does not know what they are talking about is harmful advice.
    so basicly you are saying that our european doctors are simply plain old dumb right ?



  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Country of Frog Eater
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Both Diane 35 and cyproterone acetate are illegal in the US. So you need to be the one to shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
    (I'm not in the US).

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Yes you did. If you are not a doctor, it is not your place. Making irresponsible uninformed recommendations does not help anyone. Treating women's hair loss is more complicated than it is for men. If you are not a doctor, you are not qualified to give advice on the women's hair loss.
    this place need alot of cleening then !
    Admin must delete 99,99 % of post because no one is doctor

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Aw man, sometimes I really hate reading these stories, but I can't stop myself!

    Dealing with hairloss is horrific for a man, I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for a woman. When my mum was having chemotherapy treatment and her hair started falling out in patches, it broke her heart

    Whether we like it or not, men are shallower than women when it comes to choosing a mate, for evolutionary reasons - men have less invested in sexual encounters, and men just want a healthy partner who will produce healthy offspring, whereas women are looking for a male who is willing and able to protect her and said offspring. That, and because it is rarer in women, makes hairloss that much more difficult for ladies.

    Quote Originally Posted by mimosa View Post

    I guess this is a bit of a rant, but for the ladies here, how have you dealt with dating, men and confidence? And if any guys are reading, if a woman is otherwise attractive and nice and kind, would you accept her thinning hair, and that with her you'd never have her change her look/style much?
    That's an unequivocal yes, if a woman is otherwise attractive and nice and kind, it wouldn't bother me. And actually, reading your story reminded me of something - a couple of years ago, my then-flatmate and I had this friend, and we used to go and visit her in her building, and my flatmate and I both had a HUGE crush on her landlady, who was sexy as hell. Then our friend told us that her landlady wore a wig, because her hair was falling out (not sure why, if it was medical or what). I'll admit that I never saw her without the wig, but it didn't stop me and my flatmate lusting after her, lol.

    I hope you're ok anyway.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Bimatoprost will be much more effective than minox but will not be on the shelf until around mid 2017.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Breaking Bald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At wits end...
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    That's not true. You are closing the door on yourself
    Really? Tell me what other styles can you do because I am struggling to do anything other than that.

  7. #37
    Senior Member gmonasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    869

    Exclamation

    Contraceptives can promote hair growth in some cases, but that isn't a generally advisable application since the hair growth isn't necessarily limited to the scalp:

    http://voices.yahoo.com/birth-contro...h-6730736.html

  8. #38
    Senior Member clarence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Really? Tell me what other styles can you do because I am struggling to do anything other than that.
    You can have longer hair at the front, like I do, and most people can't really tell I'm losing hair... But long hair is the only style you can do to hide some of the hair loss, I'm afraid.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verver View Post
    so basicly you are saying that our european doctors are simply plain old dumb right ?
    Are you capable of paying attention? Now get off your lazy butt and read this. Read all of it. Every word.

    http://www.americanhairloss.org/women_hair_loss/

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Country of Frog Eater
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Are you capable of paying attention? Now get off your lazy butt and read this. Read all of it. Every word.

    http://www.americanhairloss.org/women_hair_loss/
    i can't i'm a lazy butt

Similar Threads

  1. I can't take it anymore, but too afraid to take Propecia
    By tda2487 in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 11:38 AM
  2. Afraid of Propecia
    By norc in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 08:35 AM
  3. New User, young sufferer, afraid to accept the truth
    By Teeka1989 in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 04:32 AM
  4. Greg Benson's GOING BALD And He's Not Afraid To Talk About It
    By SpencerKobren in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 12:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Is there honestly anything other than the big 3 worth looking into?
11-02-2017 01:40 PM
by goblue
Last Post By Vantage
Today 11:35 AM
Am i balding ???
Today 03:20 AM
Last Post By mrclean
Today 11:34 AM
Ksl hair disaster
05-01-2017 06:32 AM
by rob1982
Last Post By fundeer
Today 08:01 AM
KSL Glasgow - Court Action
10-09-2017 06:34 AM
Last Post By fundeer
Today 07:53 AM
Is this legit or snake oil ?? topical finasteride and minoxidil ?
12-14-2017 11:47 AM
by snowie
Last Post By icloroxi
Today 05:50 AM