I feel afraid of what men think of me - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I do understand that it must be much harder for women. I agree.

But anyways, I personally know a girl my age, 24, who has thinning hair. She is still very attractive and guys dont even talk or think about it. She has a great personality and is fun to be around. Most guys say shes definitely hot. I don't think most men would care at ALL if a girl wore a hairpiece or something. Unlike men who would be seen as a weirdo for wearing one.

I would think that when a girl loses her hair, it will have major effect on her self confidence, it is like losing some of the very thing that makes you feminine. We need to focous on that losing hair is a devastating thing, weather you're a man or a woman. For me it is as devastating as it is for a girl, trust me, i feel like i lost some of my masculinity, and i have lost all of my confidence with meeting a girl. My doctor (female) said it is not a problem when you are a man, and replied "how would you feel about loosing you hair?" she said very awful, and i responded "there you have it" it does'nt matter if you're a man or a woman, you like to look good an be confident about yourself and not feel alienated.

perhaps balding men notice balding women more.

Quote Originally Posted by amibald View Post
    I suffer from low self-esteem/depression ( not as a result of hair loss, so you can imagine that hair loss has only made things better) and I know the feeling you are talking about- sheer, god damn frustration because you look better with hair vs bald.

But then again, if you can go through therapy, as I am, deal with your insecurities, sort your life out, build massive confidence, hit the gym, get a tan, get the correct eyebrows/facial hair for facial symmetry, you can exude an awesome personality which is more attracive than a pretty face with major insecurities, plus you're not gonna be 'ugly' .

Admittedly going bald makes you less aesthetic, no doubt about it. And it's shit, you lose 2 points of attractivenss/10 I'd say. You can easily get 1 point back by the gym/tan/facial hair combo.

You need to see a cognitive therapist- you honestly wouldn't believe the impact they have for low self-esteem.

And remember, women are less shallow about men than men themselves, so for a LOT of women (not all ) awesome personality>>> aesthetic but insecure.
    My friend,
    I can be a bit manic depressive at times, but I'm usually in a really good mood and early hairloss is my own physical "flaw", though no one has said anything about my hairloss to me yet.

I just wanted to give you one tip to curb your depression: RUN. I can't even exaggerate how good I feel after my daily 3-4 mile run. It's not much, and I rarely do any weight training in conjunction, but goddamn I feel amazing afterwards.

My runs always make me stress free, so I can focus on my studies, my internship, and hitting the town my compadres on the weekend. I honestly feel myself exuding confidence and a pleasant attitude at all environments I'm in. I forget about a NW 2 hairline and slightly thinned crown, and I get compliments on my face, skin, etc from girls at the bars.

TRUST ME!!!! (and then do all the other treatments you want, to seek perfection) Best of luck

tracey-dead right,

highlander- im a norwood 2.5...fair enough a 3 is bad but i can still style my hair pretty well, like a fo-hawk...looks good and just cover my temples a bit with the rest-scratch that-looks great and i still get compliments on it. i might upload some pics soon id say. even if dont regrow and stay at a nw2.5 il survive with it but you shouldnt proclaim death at nw 3, people out there are worse on the scale and are achieving good results so be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    You're talking rubbish. If you look at all those vampire TV shows with all the good looking men - they're all NW1 or NW2. If you are NW34567 and you are a man you are ****ed.
    Let's keep in mind, men at least get to keep the density in some if not most parts of their mane, and that density will be preserved there even when the person opts for a hair transplant, if he chooses the strip method, which is why I am such an advocate of the strip method. I might come off as obsessive about density here, but I rather give away my temples and most of my hairline than to lose hair more uniformly across the scalp, as in female alopecia. I might re-evaluate my preferences, if I saw any reason whatsoever to grow my hair long. Long live the donor zone.

i may talk shit but i heard that some women use contraceptive pill as a hair growth stimulant ( and to grow their boobs too )
    give it a try maybe your hair will regrow

google Diane 35 ED and Yasmin

Best Luck

Quote Originally Posted by verver View Post
    ...i heard that some women use contraceptive pill as a hair growth stimulant.
    Contraceptives are actually notorious for triggering hair loss in women. Learn how to validate the things you read, especially if you intend to give advice based solely on what you have read.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    But that wig does not repair the damage inflicted on her heart and soul.
    I knew it! Highlander/Scorpion/Tracy.....All the same person!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    I knew it! Highlander/Scorpion/Tracy.....All the same person!!!
    Now that right there is almost funny. Haha