+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Life would be simpler if I didnt...

have to worry about hairloss.

I feel as though my hairloss is a ticking time bomb, and I have an expiry date due to it, otherwise I would be playing the field.

Anyone else feel this way?

"Life would be simpler if.."

Better to worry about the things you can change, instead of the things which you can't. It's wasted effort. If you're doing all you can (on your terms) to fight your hair loss, then try not to put too much more worry into it.

Rather sure there's an paralytic patient out there saying "Life would be simpler if I had a functioning pair of legs", or something to that effect.

By the way, your hair is not that bad, and there are people who are younger, and much more bald than you. Try to enjoy what hair you have, mate. And stop using hair loss as an excuse not to do the things you want to do.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    "Life would be simpler if.."

Better to worry about the things you can change, instead of the things which you can't. It's wasted effort. If you're doing all you can (on your terms) to fight your hair loss, then try not to put too much more worry into it.

Rather sure there's an paralytic patient out there saying "Life would be simpler if I had a functioning pair of legs", or something to that effect.

By the way, your hair is not that bad, and there are people who are younger, and much more bald than you. Try to enjoy what hair you have, mate. And stop using hair loss as an excuse not to do the things you want to do.

Cheers.
    Yeah you are right, I have a good set of hair given my age - 27.

The worst thing for early norwoods I guess, is not knowing how and when it will progress.

I am not on fin, just keto atm, I am hoping it will be stable by the time histogen comes out.

At the same time - if I didnt have to worry about it at all, it would be a load of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Yeah you are right, I have a good set of hair given my age - 27.

The worst thing for early norwoods I guess, is not knowing how and when it will progress.

I am not on fin, just keto atm, I am hoping it will be stable by the time histogen comes out.

At the same time - if I didnt have to worry about it at all, it would be a load of my mind.
    Understood. Also, you don't have to worry about it at all. While we may be reluctant to admit it, we're all to some degree making a conscious choice to worry about our hair (lack thereof).

When mental faculties are unconscious, they express themselves as habits. As soon as you bring a thought to conscious attention, it becomes a choice. By this rationale, you can choose not to worry. Simple. Not easily done for most, perhaps, but it is indeed simple.

Cheers.

Understood. Also, you don't have to worry about it at all. While we may be reluctant to admit it, we're all to some degree making a conscious choice to worry about our hair (lack thereof).

When mental faculties are unconscious, they express themselves as habits. As soon as you bring a thought to conscious attention, it becomes a choice. By this rationale, you can choose not to worry. Simple. Not easily done for most, perhaps, but it is indeed simple.

Cheers.
    Given my level of hairloss - do you think I will be able to hold out by the time new treatments come out?

Given my level of hairloss - do you think I will be able to hold out by the time new treatments come out?
    Obviously I can't say for sure, as I (or anyone else) have no idea when new treatments will come out. But given your age, and having seen pictures of your hair before, I would think you're in a pretty good position as your progression seems slow.

Tough to say, though. Some people can lose all their hair in the span of a couple years. Truthfully, you know your progression better than anyone else.

Obviously I can't say for sure, as I (or anyone else) have no idea when new treatments will come out. But given your age, and having seen pictures of your hair before, I would think you're in a pretty good position as your progression seems slow.

Tough to say, though. Some people can lose all their hair in the span of a couple years. Truthfully, you know your progression better than anyone else.
    I have no thinning and quite thick hair, just receeded temples.

My older brother who is a year older, has the same HL pattern, but is showing no signs of thinning. His recession is not bad either - NW2.

Hopefully, mine stays relatively the same for as long as possible.

I wish fin was a safer drug; would take it if it was.

Consider one benefit. You would be a complete asshole in the heights of your vanity, if you would have escaped hair loss. I was. An asshole, complete with a massive appetite for condescension. Wow. Of course I would rather just remain an asshole than lose hair, even if that means hating myself and loving my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by clarence View Post
    Consider one benefit. You would be a complete asshole in the heights of your vanity, if you would have escaped hair loss. I was. An asshole, complete with a massive appetite for condescension. Wow. Of course I would rather just remain an asshole than lose hair, even if that means hating myself and loving my hair.
    well i would use that confidence to excel hard in my career and get women, hardly a bad thing.

I have no thinning and quite thick hair, just receeded temples.

My older brother who is a year older, has the same HL pattern, but is showing no signs of thinning. His recession is not bad either - NW2.

Hopefully, mine stays relatively the same for as long as possible.

I wish fin was a safer drug; would take it if it was.
    I feel like I'm in a position similar to yours - both hair loss and lack of treatment wise. I just feel like if I don't address it NOW I'll cross into the extremely displeased zone. One month till dermatology appointment seems like eternity away.

Do you really feel fin's sides are enough to keep you from it? I'm thinking about ordering it when I figure out where from, and how to taper it safely to keep me sound of mind for a month.