+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Oh I'm going on what I've heard about minox, I didnt realize it was any different for androgen blockers. I'm also relieved as I've been experienced a heavy shed after starting Minox

what type of saw palmetto should I take and how many mg should i take per day? thanks.

Saw Palmetto extract that is standardized to 85-95% free fatty acids, esters and sterols. I am getting SP from two different supplement sources so I am taking 520mg daily but normally it should be around 320mg daily. If you take a supplement using the entire berry it should be 1000+mg a day but better to take the extract as it's more potent.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    yes this "shed free" period will be short lived and shedding will pick up again.
    You jinxed me brah!

I'm currently in the midst of a horrific shed. Over the past few days it has been terrible, I mean today alone I counted nearly 200 hairs that came off. I am visibly thinned out and the worst part is that I cannot cover it. To top that off I am a diffuse thinner so it is coming off from all over my head. I don't know what to do. I know that Finasteride and/or Minoxidil can cause a big shed from what I've read; is it possible that Saw Palmetto has this same effect? If it does how long do these sheds usually last? The weather is getting colder now where I live so I can get away with it by wearing a hat but I hope my hair will grow back.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    You jinxed me brah!

I'm currently in the midst of a horrific shed. Over the past few days it has been terrible, I mean today alone I counted nearly 200 hairs that came off. I am visibly thinned out and the worst part is that I cannot cover it. To top that off I am a diffuse thinner so it is coming off from all over my head. I don't know what to do. I know that Finasteride and/or Minoxidil can cause a big shed from what I've read; is it possible that Saw Palmetto has this same effect? If it does how long do these sheds usually last? The weather is getting colder now where I live so I can get away with it by wearing a hat but I hope my hair will grow back.
    lol dude no jinxing going on here, its your bodies natrual respose to androgen depravation hence why propecia, (lowering dht) is pretty much pointless and is not worth the risk for minimal gains that may or may not surface.

it takes around 2 years to recover from a shed at which point you could have easily enjoyed the hair that you had pre-shed for the 2 years and quite possibly have hidden the mpb through styling.

good news is, the hairs shed will recover but bad news is some may not and some may grow back thinner than before, if you drop the sp that is.

you should check out the thread on msm/vitc, it will help you out massively.

I am gonna have a look over the thread you mentioned. As of right now I am not discontinuing anything I take presently for my hair maintenance but am gonna need to consider if this continues. I am inclined to tough it out though and see if things get better. I don't use any Minoxidil or Propecia, just daily vitamins and Saw palmetto. I also use a Ketoconazole shampoo every four days. I alternate between Nizoral and Regenepure.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post

you should check out the thread on msm/vitc, it will help you out massively.
    Is this the thread???

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...msm%2Fvitc

Quote Originally Posted by darelg View Post
    yes thats the thread

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    I am gonna have a look over the thread you mentioned. As of right now I am not discontinuing anything I take presently for my hair maintenance but am gonna need to consider if this continues. I am inclined to tough it out though and see if things get better. I don't use any Minoxidil or Propecia, just daily vitamins and Saw palmetto. I also use a Ketoconazole shampoo every four days. I alternate between Nizoral and Regenepure.
    good luck keep the thread updated.

Lost more hair tonight but not nearly as much as the past few days, however, I am shedding really thick supposedly healthy looking hairs. All I know is at the beginning of this regimen I did experience mild sides for about 2 weeks but they subsided completely and now a shed so hopefully it is a sign that something is working right. I will keep this thread updated.