+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Gho Clinic in Prague

Well, this website looks pretty legit (apart from some spelling errors)

http://www.ghoclinic.cz

Has anyone else heard anything about it or is willing to share some information? I would hope the prices are lower than they are in the other EU countries since Czech Republic isnt using Euros.

Lets see what information we can find on this place if it hasnt been looked into already.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Well, this website looks pretty legit (apart from some spelling errors)

http://www.ghoclinic.cz

Has anyone else heard anything about it or is willing to share some information? I would hope the prices are lower than they are in the other EU countries since Czech Republic isnt using Euros.

Lets see what information we can find on this place if it hasnt been looked into already.
    They do the old FM technique not the HST..
    Dr. Gho created gho clinic and it was named after him, during that time he was doing his old technique which called FM.
    Then dr. Gho quit working there and started with HASCI and created the current HST technique.
    So gho clinics kept the name and kept using the FM technique which has flaws compared to HST.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    They do the old FM technique not the HST..
    Dr. Gho created gho clinic and it was named after him, during that time he was doing his old technique which called FM.
    Then dr. Gho quit working there and started with HASCI and created the current HST technique.
    So gho clinics kept the name and kept using the FM technique which has flaws compared to HST.
    Whats the difference between Gho's technique and the one in Prague?

HOW DOES HST DIFFER FROM FUE AND FM?
    With FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), the entire follicle is removed with a needle 0.75 to 1.0 mm in diameter (0.45-0.8 mm˛). This size needle means a considerable chance of scarring, and the regrowth of the hairs removed is minimal. FM (Follicular Multiplication) attempts to remove only the upper portion of the follicle with a needle 0.7 mm in diameter (0.4 mm˛). This greatly reduces the chance of scarring, but regrowth is limited. With HST? (Hair Stem Cell Transplantation), a longitudinal section of the follicle is removed with a needle 0.5 or 0.6 mm in diameter (0.2 – 0.3 mm˛). This eliminates the risk of scarring, and the regrowth in the donor area is higher than with the other methods.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    HOW DOES HST DIFFER FROM FUE AND FM?
    With FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), the entire follicle is removed with a needle 0.75 to 1.0 mm in diameter (0.45-0.8 mm˛). This size needle means a considerable chance of scarring, and the regrowth of the hairs removed is minimal. FM (Follicular Multiplication) attempts to remove only the upper portion of the follicle with a needle 0.7 mm in diameter (0.4 mm˛). This greatly reduces the chance of scarring, but regrowth is limited. With HST? (Hair Stem Cell Transplantation), a longitudinal section of the follicle is removed with a needle 0.5 or 0.6 mm in diameter (0.2 – 0.3 mm˛). This eliminates the risk of scarring, and the regrowth in the donor area is higher than with the other methods.
    Yes but they state on the website that the a percentage of the donor area recovers giving the possibilities for further transplantations without removing the entire follicle.

Yes but they state on the website that the a percentage of the donor area recovers giving the possibilities for further transplantations without removing the entire follicle.
    Yes as mentioned in the words i quoted, with FM they remove the upper part and there is a small percentage of regeneration but it is limited and no where close to HST where they gurantee a regrowth of at least 80-85%

Talking

FM is a poor mans HST

I just got a quote from the Gho clinic in Prague. I asked for 2,000 grafts to fix my hairline and cover up the temples. Their asking price is 6,000 euro (roughly). Compared to $9,000 euro that Dr. Gho would charge for about 2,000.

Its significantly less than what Dr. Gho would charge in England, but the kind of money we're spending isnt exactly peanuts. If I am to spend a lot, I may as well spend a bit more and be 'all in'. 3,000 euro is about $4,000 CAD, which is a lot of money but about 1-2 months worth of income for the average person (or above average, actually).

The extra 4,000 also pretty much guarantees quality work, I really *really* like Gho's results. For those who may say they are worried about his hairline work, I would like to say that is a non-issue as nobody in the world has a perfect hairline so whatever minor unintentional screw up one may notice will not be an issue at all in the real world.

For those who may say they are worried about his hairline work...
    Hi guys,
    I'm Mr. Bald ...

...and I'm completely worried about Gho's hairline work.

Seriously, most guys don't even know how their (new) hairline finally should look like - but THE DOCTOR should know what you want within seconds on the day of the procedure, sure. And finally, most balding guys have bigger problems (namely acceptable coverage of the big balding areas) than having a copy of Brad Bitt's hairline with just 1 treatment.

Often a bad hairline looks worse than slick bald (Lebron James). And if I'm paying a billion dollars, seems fair that I should, you know, get something at least marginally close to what I want...