+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Propecia to Proscar

Hi Everyone,

I've been on propecia for 6 1/2 months, and I'm going to make the switch from propecia to proscar for the simple fact that propecia costs me 90 dollars a month here in Florida. I have had no sides so far. My only concern is that I will be upping my dosage from 1mg to 1.25mg. Has anyone experienced any sides from making this switch? You can only cut proscar in quarters, so that will be 1.25mg's a day instead of what my body is used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfaninfl View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I've been on propecia for 6 1/2 months, and I'm going to make the switch from propecia to proscar for the simple fact that propecia costs me 90 dollars a month here in Florida. I have had no sides so far. My only concern is that I will be upping my dosage from 1mg to 1.25mg. Has anyone experienced any sides from making this switch? You can only cut proscar in quarters, so that will be 1.25mg's a day instead of what my body is used to.
    I was on Propecia for 13 months and switch to proscar a month ago. Cuting the proscar into quarters(1.25mg) nothing has change. Good luck!

I switched after being on it for a year and had no problems. If your body has not had a problem with lower dht, then it should not be a problem. You save a lot of money switching. It cost less than $3 a month at Walmart.

From what I've read and understand the difference between 1.0 and 1.25 is not noticeable at all. Blocks something like 66% of DHT instead of 65.5%(not actual numbers but that's just to give you an idea.)

either way proscar is far cheaper and is the same thing!

Luckily propecia's patent ends soon, so we wont have to do the cutting thing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    From what I've read and understand the difference between 1.0 and 1.25 is not noticeable at all. Blocks something like 66% of DHT instead of 65.5%(not actual numbers but that's just to give you an idea.)

either way proscar is far cheaper and is the same thing!

Luckily propecia's patent ends soon, so we wont have to do the cutting thing anymore.
    When does the patent end? I've been trying to find out, but no body seems to know when? I would rather stay on propecia and not have to deal with pill cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by spm View Post
    I switched after being on it for a year and had no problems. If your body has not had a problem with lower dht, then it should not be a problem. You save a lot of money switching. It cost less than $3 a month at Walmart.
    I will have to check it out at Walmart then. I normally go to CVS here in FL.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfaninfl View Post
    When does the patent end? I've been trying to find out, but no body seems to know when? I would rather stay on propecia and not have to deal with pill cutting.
    November 2013 is what I read, just use proscar for a year, then go back to propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    November 2013 is what I read, just use proscar for a year, then go back to propecia.
    wait, what are you guys talking about? The affects of proscar will wear off novemebr 2013?

I swear there is a conspiracy going on the links I posted before about how 0.25mg of fin is nearly as efficacious as 1mg have been removed!

Air on the side of caution guys, start with a low dosage if you are going to get on fin, and be patient. If you have no sides and no results (or desire better results), then, and only then, increase your dosage.

PS: You do not need to take fin everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    I swear there is a conspiracy going on the links I posted before about how 0.25mg of fin is nearly as efficacious as 1mg have been removed!

Air on the side of caution guys, start with a low dosage if you are going to get on fin, and be patient. If you have no sides and no results (or desire better results), then, and only then, increase your dosage.

PS: You do not need to take fin everyday.
    Good information, I will agreed to start with a lower dosage for the first timers to evade the side effects. I don't know about not taking it everyday, I strongly think we should take propecia/proscar everyday for better results, No?