+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default IS Finasteride better than untested treatments

Well on looking at this study on finasteride i think that this combined with topical minox is still the treatment to continue with at this time the study on over 2,000 japanese men seems its safe look at pubmed

The thing is that the safety profile of those untested treatments has not been adequately and appropriately established. Those guys who were terrified to take Finasteride and flocked to those untested treatments are likely in for a very unwelcome surprise.

Why the fuᴄk are you posting this in Cutting Edge / Future Treatments?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The thing is that the safety profile of those untested treatments has not been adequately and appropriately established. Those guys who were terrified to take Finasteride and flocked to those untested treatments are likely in for a very unwelcome surprise.
    Citation needed.

Go to pubmed ask for the japanese 1mg finasteride study and remember this was effective in over 2,000 men so we cannot dismiss it unless your a dope and this is still really a cutting edge treatment and does work in many i as said think you need to use minoxidil with it and keep using.

I think just because you do not agree there is no need for angry outbusts or throwing your dummy out of the pram hahaha as you cannot disagree with the study as it was over three years on the 2,000 men with androgenetic alopecia.
    Now as for the ru and other untested on the many human trials we do not know what they may or maynot do as the drugs have not had approved safety tests over the long term even though i have myself used some i wonder what if they cause us problem we do not now until its too late so i have dropped them and returned to what has been safety tested.
    This post is not to have a go at anybody only to point out the truth out there before you make the mistake in wasting a lot of money on unproved untested treatments and to say its at your own risk to use these experimental drugs.
    So tracy you are right what you have said and say.

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    Go to pubmed ask for the japanese 1mg finasteride study and remember this was effective in over 2,000 men so we cannot dismiss it unless your a dope and this is still really a cutting edge treatment and does work in many i as said think you need to use minoxidil with it and keep using.
    Finasteride combined with minox is not a cutting edge treatment, sorry. As such, this really doesn't belong in this forum.

I think its the only proven treatment up to this time is minox and propecia on a large number of men of over 2000 for a year or more use unless you now of a mpb treatment that has the safety and regrowth studies prove to work is all we have at this time which im not happy about but its as i see it after many years of trying different naturals and drugs all i have really done is line company snake oil sales.
    It been said that histogen was going to be a good new treatment but i have seen even that you may have to keep using minoxidil otherwise you will get massive hairloss as with mpb we have to use most things at this time for ever which is a pain and costly but until some gene therapy can cure mpb i think thats what we have to do.
    A transplant if we have enough hair may be good at this time with fue but its too expensive for many of us if we could have it on uk nhs i would have one straight away, even then do we still have to keep using minox with that as well?

par·a·graph/ˈparəˌgraf/

Noun:
    A distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.

Well it's the safest as in it's actually been tested and such through the FDA.

but that doesnt make the other stuff unsafe, we just dont know if the other stuff will work.

Propecia and Minoxidil are actually solid products, they both at least to some extent, slow the loss(min may give some minor growth), propecia specifically can potentially save your hair if you start it early.

our problem is growth, nothing right now turns a NW3,4, 5 etc. into a NW1. I beleive something will soon, it's only a matter of time.