+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Hopefully calling in tomorrow

So I'm a 35 year-old male who's been on propecia/finastride for 15 years, and I'm beginning to lose ground. I've experienced little to no hairloss whatsoever around my temple...

All of my loss is in the crown region...

What do I do now?!?!?! Switch to dutastride?

Spencer had a Doc on that talked about getting your DHT and T levels checked...

But he never explained what the proper DHT levels should be!!

Also, Rogaine: What a bad product. I keep using it not because of the results, but simply because I fear I'd look worse if I didn't use it. HELP!!

Firstly, you have a great head of hair, I'm sure 99% of forum members would trade you, you shouldn't freak out. Saying that, not that i'm an expert, but to me there does look like some crown thinning.

I believe Spencer recommends to firstly up your dose of finasteride before switching to dutasteride, depending what you are currently taking I would wait for a solid opinion before you up the dose. Remember that a 5mg only reduces DHT levels by a marginal amount more than 0.2mg, but judging from the graph it can be 10-20% more reduction. Getting your DHT/test levels before you make any changes would definitely be the best thing for you to do right now, and talking to a clinician who has experience in hair loss so they can provide some guidance may also help.

As spencer always says, the minoxidil is a band aid at best, varying results from person-person, you lose all your regrown minoxidil hair eventually once you cease taking it. For me i've had great results over 18 months, but most report (as does the minoxidil sensitivity graph that it's effects wane after 24 months (though people report positive effects a few years later, e.g. Tracey).

Do you have nizoral in your regime? Just to try and reduce scalp DHT.

Hey unk, thanks for the response.

Didn't get to call in tonight; hopefully next week. I have added nizoral to my routine recently, and it's only in the last year that I've started to lose so much ground. I had my DHT and testosterone levels checked, and my T levels are above 1000.

My DHT levels were listed as "30" with no unit of measure following it. I don't know what "30" means! High? Low? Huh? That's what I'm saying when I refer to the Doc Spencer had on recommending we get tested -- HE DIDN'T TELL US THE NUMBERS WE WANTED TO HAVE!!

Also, if I use Rogaine sporadically, is there a chance of causing a perpetual shed??

I'm in LA and I'd love to get on Ziering's Histogen trials... Maybe Spencer can hook a brother up?