+ Reply to Thread

Default Question about Rogaine

I know the bottle says it lasts 30 days, but how old does it really last? I'm asking because I'm on my first bottle, at day 32 and it seems like I still have at least another 5-7 days in the bottle.

I use it twice a day, and I put on a little more than half a cap full, probably more like a full cap full to get more coverage.

I can tell I'm at the bottom of the bottle, and the 'quality' of the foam seems to be degraded. Instead of how it was coming out before, it comes out more like a foam / liquid hybrid... more foam than liquid, but I can tell it is more liquidy than before because it leaves my scalp a whole lot wetter feeling.

Was I suppose to be shaking the bottle before application? Should I be disgarding this bottle and starting another?

Being at day 32 I don't see a difference in my hair, and don't expect 1, but my hair stylist tells me he is starting to see a difference, and so does my wife, but I have a feeling they are just trying to be encouraging.

It's fine if you go a little bit over and are still maintaining a consistent amount of foam each day(i'm not sure how much foam you need as I use the liquid one.)
    use the rest of it and move on to the net bottle.

You probably shouldnt expect a difference in your hair that soon, it usually takes at least 3 months to start getting results and about a year to see the full extent of what it can do for your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin85 View Post
    Was I suppose to be shaking the bottle before application? Should I be disgarding this bottle and starting another?
    I always shake it before I use it. I never really thought about whether I should or not. I just did it. I just read the bottle and it does not say anything about shaking on it, but I am going to continue shaking it before I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I always shake it before I use it. I never really thought about whether I should or not. I just did it. I just read the bottle and it does not say anything about shaking on it, but I am going to continue shaking it before I use it.
    Ya I think I'll start shaking. It seems like at the bottom of the bottle there is an excess amount of alcohol. If It hits an open wound it burns and it smells like alcohol. I think I'm gonna mix this bottle with my next bottle, 50% per bottle till it is used up to even it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin85 View Post
    I think I'm gonna mix this bottle with my next bottle...
    I thought you were talking about the foam when I read your original post that mentioned "half a cap full". Now it sounds like you are talking about the liquid.

The dose for the foam is half a cap full.

The dose for the liquid is marked on the dropper you are supposed to be using.

I use the foam in the morning and the liquid in the evening, but I shake both before I use them.

No it is the foam I am talking about.

I'm using a little bit out of the old bottle, and a little bit out of the next bottle to combine the 2. Just afraid that maybe the old bottle isn't 'potent' any more, but don't wanna just throw it away in case I am wrong.