+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is there any point of coming on here

...looks like there is nothing on the market, everything is in clinical trials. With everything else being scammish - neogenic etc.

What's the point of coming on here?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    ...looks like there is nothing on the market, everything is in clinical trials. With everything else being scammish - neogenic etc.

What's the point of coming on here?
    I feel that the hair loss community, the bald truth especially, is very silent for the time being. I ques the only thing we can do, is to wait and cross our fingers and hope some of these treatments will end up being a success.

It is always a source of information. I wish the community worked together more, though. Everyone seems to be on the edge to catch wind of a cure to focus their resources on, without paying much attention to hair loss as a broader issue. Apart from the big players in hair loss research, it is really close to impossible to assess the efficacy of any proposed substance unless a coordinated effort and data collection occurs, possibly with pooling of resources. In that sense, the usefulness of these forums is more as a source of lottery-like ideas and moral support, i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aston View Post
    Apart from the big players in hair loss research, it is really close to impossible to assess the efficacy of any proposed substance unless a coordinated effort and data collection occurs, possibly with pooling of resources. In that sense, the usefulness of these forums is more as a source of lottery-like ideas and moral support, i believe.
    time for a new forum perhaps? one specifically aimed to facillitate this...

No point in coming here right now. I would come help people but why, when there will be people scaring every one away about the current medications. Plus, I can barely help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    time for a new forum perhaps? one specifically aimed to facillitate this...
    It would perhaps be a good idea to first ask the staff of one of the established forums, like this one, to open a board for coordinated experimentation. Admittedly, most forums seem to be tightly connected to product placement or surgeon publicity for revenue, so indeed making a new forum could be the only solution.
    Furthermore, the only way to make such a board/forum viable would be by having someone reputable to coordinate the efforts. Unfortunately i don't have the clinical experience to cover such a role. Then again, as long as the method of data collection is solid, very simple trials could be conducted.
    Resource pooling would be a further problem, as that involves the necessity for transparency and a trusted pool. I actually wonder why no one tried to do such a thing, yet, considering the clear desperation which often moves hair loss sufferers.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    No point in coming here right now. I would come help people but why, when there will be people scaring every one away about the current medications.
    So basically, you're here for all the pleasant company.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    So basically, you're here for all the pleasant company.
    I'm not here at all, my last post was 1 month ago, I don't log in here like I use to anymore. I logged in to see how LPSBoxing is doing. This was the best thread i've seen that's worth saying something in, in a long time. There's nothing here, everything is always the same, 5-10 years away.

There really is no point.

Forum summary:
    Minox sucks, can ruin your hairline, and causes a god awful TE shed if stopped
    Finasteride has scary side effects not worth risking (in my opinion)
    Any real product or treatment or "cure" will not be available before 2015 at the very earliest. Realistically 2017.
    The end.

10% valuable info
    10% hair transplant doc advertising
    80% mindless babble of posts unrelated to the original thread question or topic

Default Agree

I agree . Nothing of substance to see here . The speculative nonsense is irritating .