+ Reply to Thread

Default 1500 graft fue on thursday!!!!

Hey everyone,

So my first (and hopefully last) hair transplant is going to take place this coming thursday, and I'm so excited! But I have a few questions pertaining to things to do after the procedure.

First of all, I've read a few threads where people are talking about how you need to go on propecia or minoxidil after a HT. just give me the simple answer, is this true or false? If there is no simple answer to this one, then please explain.

Second, once I get the HT, and the new hairs start to grow, does anyone know of a vitamin or whatever that is marketed to grow hair faster that actually works. I know GNC has men's nourish hair but I doubted its effectiveness. Is there any effective way to speed up the growing process?

That's all. Thanks. And wish me luck on my procedure!

Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    First of all, I've read a few threads where people are talking about how you need to go on propecia or minoxidil after a HT. just give me the simple answer, is this true or false? If there is no simple answer to this one, then please explain.
    The only thing that doesn't make it simple is: how much are you going to lose total? The HT may look good on its own with nothing else for a couple years...then the rest starts going and you've got this awkward bit of hair that should have gone first.

Fact is, you have no idea how much you're going to lose, therefore you should probably start on something.

Second, once I get the HT, and the new hairs start to grow, does anyone know of a vitamin or whatever that is marketed to grow hair faster that actually works. I know GNC has men's nourish hair but I doubted its effectiveness. Is there any effective way to speed up the growing process?
    Vitamin E, Vitamin B (Biotin specifically) and Silica.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    The only thing that doesn't make it simple is: how much are you going to lose total? The HT may look good on its own with nothing else for a couple years...then the rest starts going and you've got this awkward bit of hair that should have gone first.

Fact is, you have no idea how much you're going to lose, therefore you should probably start on something.

Vitamin E, Vitamin B (Biotin specifically) and Silica.
    Thank you for the good, straight, informative answer. What you said is basically what I was thinking. My surgeon told me that we would discuss how having the transplant done is even more reason to use those products after I have the procedure done. I trust him, he has an outstand reputation for being a top hair restoration physician.

Can someone please tell me the best way to see the fastest hair growth after the procedure? I really need and want it to grow quickly. I don't want to wait 3 years to see my final result. I plan to wear my hair long. If anyone can help please fire away. Thanks.

Just curiously what norwood are you and are you seeing a doctor on the IAHRS site? What are your expectations from the HT?

Quote Originally Posted by dgman21 View Post
    Just curiously what norwood are you and are you seeing a doctor on the IAHRS site? What are your expectations from the HT?
    I'm probably between a NW 2 and 3. And yes I'm seeing Dr. Jack Fisher who is IAHRS reccomended. I'm expecting it to bring my hairline down slighty but I'm also thinking that he's going to focus a lot of the grafts to reinforcing the thickness of what's on top. I'm expecting to come out of it a strong NW2 or even a 1.

Its actually hard for me to determine exactly what I am on the scale. But like I said I think I'm a 2-1/2 if I were to place myself. I think I'm closer to a 2 than a 3. I'm just not quite that bad yet. I've maintained that level for about two years now. The doc said that right now would be a perfect time to have transplantaion done if I want the results early in life and be able to maintain them. I'm convinced that he's right. I'm thinking I will be a 1 on the scale when its done. Do you have any advice on how to grow it out faster?