+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If you look at yourself and feel fine with the way you are currently wearing your hair, than just keep doing what you're doing. From the looks of it you have coarse hair with a darker complexion which makes for the best hair transplant candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    I don't even think it's about "pulling off the look".

The more hair you have the more it's noticeable and the more you're expressing 'the defect', and to be frank; atm it does look bad. But granted, it's indeed not about what others think about it, but how he feels about it and what makes him the most self-secure. If he thinks this looks better than the short buzz, he should keep it by all means.
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    If you look at yourself and feel fine with the way you are currently wearing your hair, than just keep doing what you're doing. From the looks of it you have coarse hair with a darker complexion which makes for the best hair transplant candidates.
    Yeah, I think just my current situation and obligation to school - I just don't really care. I've been using minox 5% foam since the beginning of the year. I did use Nizoral 2% everyday, but then stopped last month. I'm going to get back onto it. I'll start using a spirono cream to help.

I would like to get a HT done during my rotation years, but we'll see. Here are other pics that people requested. First 3 are straight out of the shower. Already forgot, if I applied the foam or not. Last 3 are after a while, and the hair is dry.

NATURALLY DRIED

BONUS CROWN PIC:

Came out blurry, can see thinning occurring there. Hard to tell from the pic.

Just the other day I had a uni lecture and some guy was NW7 and had a shaved head. I felt bad for him. It was like everything he was doing. All this study, the way he tried to dress well, everything was just him making up for his follicular disadvantage. It's a place I never want to be in, and a place I never will be in - whether or stop my hairloss or not I swear on my life I'll never let myself live as a bald loser.[/QUOTE]

reading > you. I said the crown picture isn't good, but there is thinning. If I take a clear picture you'll be able to see it.

As for your second comment, I can't help but laugh, because I do the exact same. I feel like all I do is look at people that have better hair lines then me, and envy them OR see people that have shaved heads and wonder "how they build the courage and accept their hair loss".
    Last edited by Winston; 10-05-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJacobs152 View Post
    reading > you. I said the crown picture isn't good, but there is thinning. If I take a clear picture you'll be able to see it.

As for your second comment, I can't help but laugh, because I do the exact same. I feel like all I do is look at people that have better hair lines then me, and envy them OR see people that have shaved heads and wonder "how they build the courage and accept their hair loss".
    Your hair honestly isn't as bad as I was expecting.. You have the receding hairline, that part does suck... but overall you still have plenty of hair. Look into Caboki or a concealment like it and see if you can fix your hairline a little.

Bump to get info from Dr. Charles.

I think that shorter cut looks good. Obviously, a full head of hair would be preferable, but I think your hair looks nice. Do what you can to maintain it, like Highlander said--stay in shape, eat well, get on meds, and try to manage stress. You'd be a great candidate for a HT that would really mitigate some of your loss.

But don't let Highlander's dyspepsia get you down--hair loss only wrecks your life if you engage in destructive myopia and focus on it to exclusion. Now that I'm 30, I've got a number of friends that are getting pretty bald, and some of them are among the happiest, most well-liked (and dated!) people I know. You're getting a great and prestigious education--your smarts, accomplishments, and personality will hold you in great stead, and that's not bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by JJacobs152 View Post
    Yeah, I think just my current situation and obligation to school - I just don't really care. I've been using minox 5% foam since the beginning of the year. I did use Nizoral 2% everyday, but then stopped last month. I'm going to get back onto it. I'll start using a spirono cream to help.

I would like to get a HT done during my rotation years, but we'll see. Here are other pics that people requested. First 3 are straight out of the shower. Already forgot, if I applied the foam or not. Last 3 are after a while, and the hair is dry.

NATURALLY DRIED

BONUS CROWN PIC:

Came out blurry, can see thinning occurring there. Hard to tell from the pic.

One of my friend has the same Norwood and he started rocking out the mohawk and it looks sick. I used to have a mohawk myself and girls loved it, you should give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    One of my friend has the same Norwood and he started rocking out the mohawk and it looks sick. I used to have a mohawk myself and girls loved it, you should give it a try.
    Lol, I'm starting my medical school rotations/internships starting 2013. Don't want to have a bad appearance to my attendings and patients.

Without seeing you in person and going by the pics only, i'd say (though you're in a frame of mind not to believe this) i think you have a good coverage, good skin colour, good (enough) scalp coverage.

Don't buzz down, that was crazy talk from that poster but of course their opinion.

Chill out for a few months, set a new bench mark of seeing where you're at in 12 months.

Good luck buddy.