+ Reply to Thread

Default FUE vs. Strip... Need advice

Hey guys!! I need some advice. i was just about set to schedule a strip surgery with dr scott alexander, but after our latest consult I decided to forget about strip. I was really turned off and scared by the scar that would be left on the back of my head. I wear my hair on the shorter side so I did more research and found Dr Cole in Atlanta. I don't want any major scars and want to be able to wear my hair short on the sides/back. Can I get some feedback on Dr. Cole(CIT method) please?? I would rather go for a few sessions of FUE over a few years than have strip surgery even once. I am planning on doing something towards the end of summer(sept/oct) so I need some advice. Please help!!! Thanks guys!!!!

-Shaun

P.S. I am 27 and been on propecia for 2 years then for the last four years i've been on Dutasteride. My hair loss seems to be stabilized so now I think I am ready to fix my hairline and thinning. Check out my recent photos below. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	april09hair 015.jpg

Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1484   Click image for larger version

Name:	april09hair 013.jpg

Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1485   Click image for larger version

Name:	april09hair 004.jpg

Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	1486   Click image for larger version

Name:	april09hair 003.jpg

Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1487  

From everything that I have heard over the years Dr. Cole has a good reputation. I’ve also watched the show when Spencer’s friend came into the studio after having surgery with Dr. Alexander and he said the experience was excellent. Personally I am not too concerned about a strip scar, because I know I will never shave my head once I decide to have surgery, but I think it is a matter of personal preference. Dr. Cole’s videos and pictures look very good so he would be one of my choices if I were to have FUE. Did you check out any other FUE surgeons in the IAHRS? I read that Dr. Charles is doing FUE and of course Dr. Feller and Dr. Bauman. Did you ask if Dr. Alexander does FUE?
    From your pictures it looks like you would need a lot of grafts so FUE might not be the way to go for that.

Chris

Hey Shaun did u have the surgery

Hey dbphil,

No I have not had the surgery yet. I'm planning on having it done around october. I'm just making sure I find the best FUE doctor before I schedule. Why do you ask???

Dr Alexander did my brothers HT he was very happy with it. although he did do the strip method. The scar is super thin. Good luck with what ever you decide

Quote Originally Posted by dbphil View Post
    Dr Alexander did my brothers HT he was very happy with it. although he did do the strip method. The scar is super thin. Good luck with what ever you decide
    I had the "Strip HT" procedure just 5 days ago, and the scar is barely visible. My barber used to use a #1 guard, but I suspect I'll have to goto to a #2 or #3 to hide the scar for a while. My wife is a nurse - and she thinks the scar will be practically invisible in about a year.

Name:	140-1.jpg

Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	1793   Click image for larger version

Name:	140-5.jpg

Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1794  

Quote Originally Posted by sscobra View Post
    Hey guys!! I need some advice. i was just about set to schedule a strip surgery with dr scott alexander, but after our latest consult I decided to forget about strip. I was really turned off and scared by the scar that would be left on the back of my head. I wear my hair on the shorter side so I did more research and found Dr Cole in Atlanta. I don't want any major scars and want to be able to wear my hair short on the sides/back. Can I get some feedback on Dr. Cole(CIT method) please?? I would rather go for a few sessions of FUE over a few years than have strip surgery even once. I am planning on doing something towards the end of summer(sept/oct) so I need some advice. Please help!!! Thanks guys!!!!

-Shaun

P.S. I am 27 and been on propecia for 2 years then for the last four years i've been on Dutasteride. My hair loss seems to be stabilized so now I think I am ready to fix my hairline and thinning. Check out my recent photos below. Thanks.
    I feel you brother, I'm talking to both Docs as we speak, plus others. Its a tough choice. I love my hair shaved on the sides and back too.

What is a man to do????

Doctor Representative Limmer HTC's Avatar

Smile "strip" method for donor harvest

This is typically what your donor scar will look like after it is healed up, if done correctly. It is very hard to detect. Your best bet is to ask to see before and after donor site photos. Good luck!
    JESSICA

Name:	20090409122038765.jpg

Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1942  
    Tracy Mills
    HT Coordinator
    Limmer HTC

www.limmerhtc.com
    limmerhtc@yahoo.com

hey shawn did you ever complete your surgery. how do you feel now