+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Right, I know that they are not psychological. What I meant with that post is that in candlestick's case it sounds like the sides are psychological.

But yes, you are right, different people react differently to the drug and the drug may cause real side effects...

By the way man, it sucks that you experienced sides with dutasteride

Quote Originally Posted by Avodart View Post
    Hey konfusion

Some people would probably discourage anybody from taking 2.5mgs of dutasteride per day but I would say what the hell, go for it man..

If you havent had any side effects from dutasteride then you will probably be fine with that dose.

See how you go with that and if it doesnt work to plan you can just go back to what you where doing before
    At this point it's not the sexual side effects I am worried about, I have been a long time Fin user and 3 months with Dut showed no sides. My only concern is the blockage of type I reductase. I have the impression that 0,5 mg and 2,5 mg may almost reduce the same amount of type II, maybe the difference between the greatly reduced scalp DHT (about 70%) is a result of blocking more type I. Since this enzyme is also present in the brain, I am really getting scared about the possibilities. But I am still considering this, I will let you know if I start the 2,5 mg dose and if if it does any good to me.

Oh I see, fair enough man...

Yes, let us know how you go...

I don't want to make this sound too early nor do I want to jinx it (because the last time it ended in tears) but guys this thing might be working. Getting closer to the end of my fourth month, I experienced a huge decrease in shedding. It's like I shed only 10 hairs during shower compared to a 65-75 I previously had. It's been like this for a week, I am not sure if this trend will continue but maybe just maybe the shedding phase has come to an end.
    Btw I added 4 capsules of fish oil and some green tea to my routine due to their ability in reducing the inflammation. It's been 3 days so it's hard to make a judgement but I hope they will work.

more than 10 days and still seeing minimum amount of hair in the drain after showers now all I am hoping is to see some regrowth in the upcoming months.

Hi guys, I added Dut 0.5/day to my regimen too exactly 10 days ago. Nothing to report so far, zero sides knock on wood.

My Regime:

Dut 0.5 mg daily - 10 days now
    Propecia 1mg daily - 1 year now (switched to Proscar quartered 1 month ago)
    Rogaine Foam (Minox) x2 daily (3 years)
    Sebcurt Shampoo (10% Coal Tar Solution + 4% Salicylic Acid) EOD (2 months)
    Nizoral 2% EOD (2 weeks)
    Organic Shampoo between medicated shampoos (years now)
    MSM 1000 mg/day (2 weeks)
    Curcumin 1500 mg day (2 months - reduced to 500mg 2-3 weeks ago)
    Garilic extract (2 months)

NOTE: I've been going through a crazy shed for the past 3 weeks. Still shedding, and hair looks worse than it ever has.

Been on Propecia 1mg/day for exactly 1 year with no results, AT BEST ONLY maintained, but lost so much over the past 3 weeks that I panicked and added Dut daily to my regime, and still taking Propecia daily. Might drop it in the future.

I hope the hair lost will come back within the next few months

I will keep this post updated, i hope you guys do too.

Best of luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Aristotle View Post
    Hi guys, I added Dut 0.5/day to my regimen too exactly 10 days ago. Nothing to report so far, zero sides knock on wood.
    Same here. Was using fin for 2 years with thinning in some areas and growth in others...I'm a NW3 with a distinct "widow's peak" in the front hairline...it seemed to widen with growth but the temple areas seem to be miniturizing. It's difficult to tell for sure. Going with Dr. Readdy's from an online source that seems to be regarded as legit. Never had side effects on fin and am not experiencing any on Dut. I plan on sticking it out for at least a year. If I see no improvement I'll probably revert back to fin and hope it's available as a generic at that time. I'm tempted to stay on fin, but figured that would be overkill.

Glad to hear that Konfusion!! Thats great news man

Hopefully the dut will produce great results for everybody

Will updated in a few months. So far, 1 month on Dut 0.5 ED and Proscar 1.25 mg ED. No sides, hair keeps shedding strong, but it was already shedding just as much before I got on Dut. In fact, the excessive shedding (perhaps seasonal) was the reason I started Dut.

Best of luck everyone!

P.S. ZERO sides so far. Great and quick erections all the time. Knock on wood!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Aristotle View Post
    Will updated in a few months. So far, 1 month on Dut 0.5 ED and Proscar 1.25 mg ED.
    I understand that you are taking Dut and Fin together everyday. Is this correct? I am wondering if they have any kind of interference with each other, possibly reducing efficiancy, can I ask you if you have done a good deal of research beforehands? thank you in advance.