+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tda2487 View Post
    Hey everyone -- thanks for all your comments. I think the uncertainty about whether I should take Propecia is almost as bad as the hairloss itself. (Eh, note quite, but almost). It just sucks to know that there's something out there that could really work, and I'm wasting valuable time by not taking it. On the other hand, if it made me permanently impotent, then I'd be obviously way worse off than i am now and I'd be pissed at myself for risking it.
    The chances of permanent impotence of Propecia are probably about 0.5-1%

Probably about the same as winning a decent sized lottery.(only this lottery you'd get impotence haha).

basically i'm saying permanent impotence is not something I'd worry about, temporary impotence, MAYBE(chances are still low on that) but MOST of the time it's easy to get rid of. Lots and lots of medications have side effects, you just gotta weigh the pros and cons.

Brother listen to me and listen well.

There's no **** more narcissistic than I. There's also no **** more practical or sex-minded as I.

Propecia will NOT regrow your hair or make it suddenly look good and alive. At best, it will make you it's slave (Whoops, you quit taking it? It'll all fall out!) and maintain the limp sadness you have going at the present level. If you have a girlfriend and a satisfactory sex life, it's not worth throwing away for dubious results. If Propecia was the miracle pill that grew everything back, I'd say sure, go for it, you'll be getting something for your pain.

But as it stands? You just **** yourself over worse.

The terror of hairloss gets better with time, believe me. At first there's the severe depression, then day-by-day, you make a little fun of it, you get used to it, things change in your life, you're not supposed to be the Wild Stallion anymore and it's no longer about any manes or whatnot. It's about what kind of man you are.

And a man who can take hairloss smiling is a stronger man than most.

Use nizoral shampoo twice a week (Since it's easy, cheap and has no side effects) and hang in there. You can experiment with some supplements which will be useless but which'll make you feel better for a while. The minox helps but it's sadly, a temporary solution, a hassle and it doesn't look good.

A cure is bound to be on the way, so be strong, hang in there. We grow, shit happens, our ability to survive that shit happening is what makes us men. Be strong brother.

On propecia for month now. No sexual side effects at all adn i notice an immediate difference of hair falling out in the shower. Used to be like 20+ and now only 1 or 2 hairs fall out. If u cant accept going bald then taking propecia will put your mind at ease.

I been on propecia for neatly one year, I started on 0.25mg for 6 months then went on 1mg I had sides now they are gone. It's all in the mind to control erections .

Quote Originally Posted by freddiegemini View Post
    this is the opposite of what i have been reading. i've read off ppl loosing girth slowly whilst on propecia. anecdotal but still important to consider. i wonder how/why your penis has increased size whilst on propecia - ? find this fascinating given the reports of the opposite happening
    I know what you mean, I Iv'e been reading forums since I was 19 and im 23 now. I always kept reading how horrible propecia is because it destroys your penis. At age 21 going to be 22, I was desperate to maintain my hair, Rogaine itself wasn't enough and I started using propecia. Shed did happen but it stopped with 2 weeks or less. After the sides where over from propecia my sex life was amazing, I was able to have sex 2-4 times withing minutes after finishing "round 1,2, and 3" My penis size grew from girth and length, to the point where most girls complain at certain sex positions. I'm pretty sure propecia cause this growth because that is the only med that I'm taking orally.

Dex, it's a good thing you mentioned your age because it's a moderate excuse for the monstrous degree of ignorance you're exhibiting. Not a good excuse, but it's all you've got.

Your **** is growing because you're still on your growth spurt, as all men are until they hit 25. Your body is going through the adult changes.

Propecia inhibits a vital male hormone and causes your prostate and testicles to reduce in size over time.

You're currently TOO young and your body is working overtime growing. Ask some men well into their thirties about what Propecia did for them.

Assuming of course that you're not just a Merck shill.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstThis View Post
    Dex, it's a good thing you mentioned your age because it's a moderate excuse for the monstrous degree of ignorance you're exhibiting. Not a good excuse, but it's all you've got.

Your **** is growing because you're still on your growth spurt, as all men are until they hit 25. Your body is going through the adult changes.

Propecia inhibits a vital male hormone and causes your prostate and testicles to reduce in size over time.

You're currently TOO young and your body is working overtime growing. Ask some men well into their thirties about what Propecia did for them.

Assuming of course that you're not just a Merck shill.
    Are you serious?? Then you should speak to my doctor, he said that an average healthy males DICK stops growing at age 21 after puberty. I hope my doctor is horribly incorrect and I'm able to gain more inches but I never heard of propecia reducing the size of your testicles. Do you have links?

I took finasteride for 3 months and quit in March due to side effects. Read my post history. It's documented from the start of 2012 and I'm still suffering side effects now.

Those saying it's a lottery? I don't consider myself that unlucky or lucky.

You take Propecia and you take a chance of suffering sexual defects for the rest of your life. You should take that very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tda2487 View Post
    Hi everyone --

This is my first post. I'm 26 and have been losing hair for about 18 months now. I don't have a bald spot, but my formerly thick hair is now thin, wispy and limp, and where I used to have thick curls I know just have a lifeless, wispy hairline that has noticeable receding.

The emotional toll of this is getting really, really bad. Every time the slightest breeze blows I feel my wispy hair blow around out of place. I see hair coming out every time I take a shower, or even just shedding at my desk at work. This is becoming all I think about, all day. I'm severely depressed over this. I don't enjoy things I used to enjoy; I don't want to go out and see friends because I have no confidence. I don't care what I wear anymore because I don't feel attractive anyway. The worst part is that I know it's only going to get worse.

I've been using Minoxidil foam and Nizoral, but no noticeable difference from it. Minoxidil just makes my hair look crunchy and greasy during the day, so I can't even enjoy the hair I do have.

For the last 18 months, I've been agonizing over whether to take Propecia. I know it's my best bet to save my hair, but the horror stories have me absolutely terrified. I can't stand losing my hair, but if I was both bald AND completely impotent, I don't know what I'd do.

What's the consensus on here over the Propecia scare?
    i read the thread starter and nothing else...

...Just get on it already!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I took finasteride for 3 months and quit in March due to side effects. Read my post history. It's documented from the start of 2012 and I'm still suffering side effects now.

Those saying it's a lottery? I don't consider myself that unlucky or lucky.

You take Propecia and you take a chance of suffering sexual defects for the rest of your life. You should take that very seriously.
    I had a hard time working my way through your post history to find the relevant posts. Would you mind directing me to it? Or perhaps describing your ordeal here? Thanks for your thoughts.