+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What is known to be the most effective prescription? I know there are different forms of the drug? I'm a newbie so I apologize in advance... I'm going to my dermatologist soon and want to know what to ask to be prescribed for my hair loss lol

Quote Originally Posted by JudeL View Post
    What is known to be the most effective prescription? I know there are different forms of the drug? I'm a newbie so I apologize in advance... I'm going to my dermatologist soon and want to know what to ask to be prescribed for my hair loss lol
    I would prescribe proscar because you will save tons of money, trust me. I was taking propecia for 13 months and switch to proscar a month ago and I didn't notice much of a differents, just minor sheds but it stopped. It contains the same ingredient, check out the link below in cutting proscar into quarters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9979s1Lf0Q8

Quote Originally Posted by tda2487 View Post
    Hi everyone --

This is my first post. I'm 26 and have been losing hair for about 18 months now. I don't have a bald spot, but my formerly thick hair is now thin, wispy and limp, and where I used to have thick curls I know just have a lifeless, wispy hairline that has noticeable receding.

The emotional toll of this is getting really, really bad. Every time the slightest breeze blows I feel my wispy hair blow around out of place. I see hair coming out every time I take a shower, or even just shedding at my desk at work. This is becoming all I think about, all day. I'm severely depressed over this. I don't enjoy things I used to enjoy; I don't want to go out and see friends because I have no confidence. I don't care what I wear anymore because I don't feel attractive anyway. The worst part is that I know it's only going to get worse.

I've been using Minoxidil foam and Nizoral, but no noticeable difference from it. Minoxidil just makes my hair look crunchy and greasy during the day, so I can't even enjoy the hair I do have.

For the last 18 months, I've been agonizing over whether to take Propecia. I know it's my best bet to save my hair, but the horror stories have me absolutely terrified. I can't stand losing my hair, but if I was both bald AND completely impotent, I don't know what I'd do.

What's the consensus on here over the Propecia scare?
    Hey man.. don't get down on yourself too much lol... I mean we are all dealing with this, and it sucks (f-ing sucks). Trust me... I am 2 years younger and have much more severe hair loss. I was so depressed about it that I took some pretty extreme measures... I was weeks away from getting a strip procedure done for $19,000.... Thank God, I backed out and cancelled my surgery. But, basically I know how it feels. It's very depressing. What I chose to do though was the oppposite. I knew people who would be seeing me for the first time that havent since highschool or childhood would immediately notice my hair line, so I decided to try and do other things to bring the attention elsewhere. I picked up my workouts and took dieting to the next level. I drank/ate organic products - - would make fresh juices daily (kale, carrot, beet) and I took much more interest in my appearance. I figured since I can't really do anything about my hair line at the moment, I'd improve other aspects of myself to divert people's attention from what I feel is a negative aspect of myself. It's been a battle and i'm still extremely sensitive about my hair loss, constantly thinking about it when speaking to someone lol but at least I know I am usually the fittest and well best fella in the room. Sorry for the rambling and convoluted post :X

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    I would prescribe proscar because you will save tons of money, trust me. I was taking propecia for 13 months and switch to proscar a month ago and I didn't notice much of a differents, just minor sheds but it stopped. It contains the same ingredient, check out the link below in cutting proscar into quarters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9979s1Lf0Q8
    I was on finasteride, it looks exactly the same, and had to cut into quarters as well... My scrip ran out months ago (close to a year) and haven't felt comfortable asking my new doctor .. The finasteride was actually prescribed to my brother and I would just take it - - i know that's frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by JudeL View Post
    I was on finasteride, it looks exactly the same, and had to cut into quarters as well... My scrip ran out months ago (close to a year) and haven't felt comfortable asking my new doctor .. The finasteride was actually prescribed to my brother and I would just take it - - i know that's frowned upon.
    lmao that is messed up, just ask your doctor, nothing to be shy about. I bought proscar from inhousepharmacy.com and it took 14 days till i got it. I'm seeing my dermatologist soon.

I remember being worried abt side-effects of Propecia. But, I was desperate to treat my hairloss. Then, a dermatologist gave me Propecia samples and I opened one up. The pill was so tiny that I didnt think it could do me serious harm I still remember how that first pill looked.
    I have been on it for 10 years now and without it, I would definitely be NW6 by now. Seeing the improvement in my hair, a number of my friends started taking it. They all have decent head of hair now and none of us have any side effects.
    I only wish I had started it even sooner.

I've been on fin now for a little over six months with no sides at all. You should try it. If you start to have sides simply get off of it immediately. If you have sides, they will happen within two weeks to a month oce you start taking the drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfaninfl View Post
    I've been on fin now for a little over six months with no sides at all. You should try it. If you start to have sides simply get off of it immediately. If you have sides, they will happen within two weeks to a month oce you start taking the drug.
    Misinformation; stop spreading it.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    I personally think Propecia had slow down my hair tremendously. I've been taking it for about 14 months now and I did have side effects. The first 2-3 months my penis didn't wanted to go up during sex, most of the time. I did made go out by thinking dirty and touching myself, horny goat weed help also. After that passed I could swore do you that my penis grew about an inch and I got hornier, above the average, I'll say. My ex gf was tripping out because she though I was taking some type of penis enlargement pill. So, the drug was a plus for me and I wont stop using it. I switch to proscar about a month ago because it was a lot affordable. That was the only sides I had gotten from Fin, give it a try man.
    this is the opposite of what i have been reading. i've read off ppl loosing girth slowly whilst on propecia. anecdotal but still important to consider. i wonder how/why your penis has increased size whilst on propecia - ? find this fascinating given the reports of the opposite happening

Hey everyone -- thanks for all your comments. I think the uncertainty about whether I should take Propecia is almost as bad as the hairloss itself. (Eh, note quite, but almost). It just sucks to know that there's something out there that could really work, and I'm wasting valuable time by not taking it. On the other hand, if it made me permanently impotent, then I'd be obviously way worse off than i am now and I'd be pissed at myself for risking it.