Has anyone hair tried this approach? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Has anyone hair tried this approach?

Hello! I strongly believe that the future treatments are many years from market, and it's dangerous to wait until something comes up. Therefore, I was try to figure out what the best approuch is TODAY.

We all know that a transplant is very limited because of the donor area, so to restore a full head of hair safely is unrealistic. Also, it will look very thin.
    BUT, if you only did zone 1 and zone 2 with at a very high density, and thereafter wore a hair piece behind it, I really believe you will have the best results.

A wig can look very good, but the hairline and the temple points is what can give the hair piece away. So therefore, you combine the best of both worlds.

Has anyone tried this approch here?

Wouldn't wear a wig if I was fully balded. Always thinking that other notice and worrying when it might fall off. Juck.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    Wouldn't wear a wig if I was fully balded. Always thinking that other notice and worrying when it might fall off. Juck.
    Well I didn't ask: "would somebody here like to try a wig?"

hairy,

Yes, I have seen several men with advanced classes of hairloss use a combination of HT surgery in the frontal third area and wear a partial system in the crown area. Ted Danson used this appraoch all through the filming of the hit comedy series "Cheers". In fact in one of the segments, he removes his partial and shows it to Carla, the bar waitress!

And you are correct, it's the area of high visual impact (the front) that really matters and where others view us from the most. Saving and dedicating donor in higher density levels can produce a very nice restored look utilizing a partial with it. There are more individuals doing this approach and we are not aware of it because it can potentially look very natural especially with a naturally restored hairline and temple areas as you pointed out.

Just be careful as to not make the frontal third "too dense" as that can cause eye drift as well. That's one of the fundamental issues with complete hair systems, they can appear way too dense.

You want to be sure that the transplant area and the system have similiar density levels. That way there is no "transcending areas" causing further eye drift.

Best wishes to you and let us know how it works out if you do pursue that avenue.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

What gives a hair piece away is the sides and back. I tried one, it looked great until the first couple washings then you could see the color difference from the native hair to the wig.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    What gives a hair piece away is the sides and back. I tried one, it looked great until the first couple washings then you could see the color difference from the native hair to the wig.
    You may have noticed that in brighter light such as sunlight. But normally that should not happen with upper end quality hair systems.

Some of these retailers pre-color the hair before you get the system. That's one of the typical schemes I hear about. The best quality ones will match the clients hair texture "and color" that is natural, not pre-colored. There is little to no fading but systems also need to be replaced as they lose their natural luster over time.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

I've considered this approach. I think it's a good one. I have a neighbor who I always thought had a great head of hair recently tell me about his combination hair transplant hair piece situation at a dinner party of all places. He looks amazing, I was really impressed that he "fooled" me for all of these years.

I remember when i lost about 2% of my hairline when i was 27 and i panicked and went to a hair system place in London. The guy showed me a lace hair system that was glued to his head and i couldn't believe how realistic and lightweight it was. I rubbed my finger along his scalp and could barely feel the system. He said it had to be glued down to get the most subtle edge. After having one failed FUE transplant, this option really tempts me when i have further loss.

Do you guys know if it's really bad for your native hair underneath, by gluing down a hair piece at the top ? He said the top of the scalp must be shaved and it actually strengthens the hair by constantly shaving it every week or so. I'm guessing only the hair on the perimeter of the lace system is affected, as the hair in the middle breathes through the lace. Any info. on this ? My guess is that it's not great for the native hair, but not catastrophic either.

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    I remember when i lost about 2% of my hairline when i was 27 and i panicked and went to a hair system place in London. The guy showed me a lace hair system that was glued to his head and i couldn't believe how realistic and lightweight it was. I rubbed my finger along his scalp and could barely feel the system. He said it had to be glued down to get the most subtle edge. After having one failed FUE transplant, this option really tempts me when i have further loss.

Do you guys know if it's really bad for your native hair underneath, by gluing down a hair piece at the top ? He said the top of the scalp must be shaved and it actually strengthens the hair by constantly shaving it every week or so. I'm guessing only the hair on the perimeter of the lace system is affected, as the hair in the middle breathes through the lace. Any info. on this ? My guess is that it's not great for the native hair, but not catastrophic either.
    What happened with the failed FUE HT? Did the hairs fall out?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    What happened with the failed FUE HT? Did the hairs fall out?
    Nah, just had f#ck all growth. Lots of money down the drain !!