+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Atleast your married already. Just were hair concealer when you go out, and wear a hairpiece when your loss reaches that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAYoungMan View Post
    Just were hair concealer when you go out, and wear a hairpiece when your loss reaches that stage.
    This would be an almost tolerable solution if she had no other options. Hair loss for women is unbelievably devastating and too many women are unaware that they do have options and many of them can be treated. It is very important to get the word out that many women can be treated for their hair loss. Women don't have to give up so quickly if they don't really want to.

Thumbs down marriage does not equal freedom from worry

Quote Originally Posted by JustAYoungMan View Post
    Atleast your married already. Just were hair concealer when you go out, and wear a hairpiece when your loss reaches that stage.
    Horsefeathers. Perhaps your comment wasn't meant to belittle my story; however, I found it callous and anything but empathetic.

Being married will not stop my hair from falling out. It will not make me stop apprehensively counting the hairs that fall out in the shower. It will not give me more (or fewer) options of how to combat my hair loss. Marriage will not make it any easier to apply X-Fusion each morning.

My husband is supportive. If I was single, then my family and friends would still be supportive. My relationship status has nothing to do with how I feel about my hair loss or if I would have a support network or not.

If I was single and dating a guy who stopping seeing me because of my hair loss, then I would not consider that a bad thing. If my husband left me for the same reasons, then I would be disappointed with myself for marrying a fool. Because I would not want to be with someone like that. I would look for a better man, regardless.

My feeling of defeat came from my doctor telling me there was nothing I could do. Marriage could not prevent the discouraging pain I felt from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Friend View Post
    Horsefeathers. Perhaps your comment wasn't meant to belittle my story; however, I found it callous and anything but empathetic.

Being married will not stop my hair from falling out. It will not make me stop apprehensively counting the hairs that fall out in the shower. It will not give me more (or fewer) options of how to combat my hair loss. Marriage will not make it any easier to apply X-Fusion each morning.

My husband is supportive. If I was single, then my family and friends would still be supportive. My relationship status has nothing to do with how I feel about my hair loss or if I would have a support network or not.

If I was single and dating a guy who stopping seeing me because of my hair loss, then I would not consider that a bad thing. If my husband left me for the same reasons, then I would be disappointed with myself for marrying a fool. Because I would not want to be with someone like that. I would look for a better man, regardless.

My feeling of defeat came from my doctor telling me there was nothing I could do. Marriage could not prevent the discouraging pain I felt from that.
    You're right. Now that I think about it, I typed up an unhelpful and perhaps hurful comment that I sincerely regret. If it means anything, I apologize.

Wish you all the best in stopping your hairloss and living a happy life