Threaded View

Junior Member Dr James DeYarman's Avatar

Default Dr DeYarman/Hair Restoration/San Diego

JM
    I have never met a person that was glad they were losing their hair. You are not alone and you can do something now. Take action and turn this around and you will feel better about yourself.
    If you see a doctor like me, that does hair transplants full time, then you will feel comfortable in the office. The staff and other patients sympathize with you and understand your concerns.
    The consultation should accomplish two things. First you need to be educated on all forms of treatment and second have your balding pattern staged.
    My consultation always includes photographs of your head both in a dry and wet state. The wet condition will help you understand what to expect to happen in the next 20 years.
    Most people start out with medical treatment to try and stabilize their hair loss.
    If you are thinking about a hair transplant and you under the age of thirty then you have to be very careful on what you do. Remember you can always do the hair transplant. The safe hair transplant is the pure follicular transplant. This avoids any unnatural hair growth. If you are under the age of 30 then you have to remember that baldness is for the rest of your life and there is only so much donor hair for transplanting. If you elect to have a hair transplant be careful of lowering the hair line too much and avoid the crown of the head.
    Last if you do not want to see the doctor in person then email photos of yourself to the physician and have a phone consultation.
    This forum will help you make the right decision.
    Good Luck
    Dr DeYarman