+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 149 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Default Hidden Gem -> MSM/Vit C & TRX2 - a fin alternative?

So ive been noticing some things over the past 1/2 years in relation to my hairloss through some trial and error. It seems im the only person who has noticed any benefits from trx2. And i think i know why.

There are only around 8 people using trx2 in the trx2 thread, no one has trueley used it alone or in combination with the recoomended MSM that trx2 state on thier site. I am the only person who has given this combo a try. Others have used it along side other stuff such as propecia/dut/minox- all blurring results, inducing sheds, making them and the forum people believe that "trx2 does not work"

Inititally when i started i used to take msm on and off (and not consistently) for other reasons, but it wasnt until when i used to stop taking the MSM that i noticed some minute details about my MPB. I noticed that it would start to progress again.
    How do i know this? -> In the mpb regions i would itch like crazy and hairs would come out/i would have a major increase in itchy dandruff in the top regions, this to me was a signal that mpb was progressing, i didnt relaise how significant these "mpb symptoms" were at the time, but after looking back, they were very signifcant.

Bear in mind i was on trx2 and thought that would be enough to maintain my hair but i was wrong, i sincerley beleive it reactivates dormant hairs but is not potent enough, but it doesnt address the main issue/cause involved with mpb.
    The general consensus about msm is that it does NOTHING for hair loss apart from grow hair faster - how wrong these people are!!!
    So i had no reason to think msm would help with mpb hence why i really didnt stick with it consistently and it would be an on and off thing.

Anyway on the trx2 website i noticed THEY actually reccomend people supplement with msm, so i thought "what the hell ill stick with it consistently, if anything my hair would grow faster and therefore i would experience trx2 results much quicker".
    I was wrong about his misconception and msm and vitc have more value- msm (with vit c) ALONE is probably enough to stop mpb in its track and a great alternative to fin.

I done some reading up on msm and found that its probably one of THE MOST underrated supplement for mpb of all time.

The following study compares vitc/MSM to 5% minoxidil and even states it "was comparable to or better" than 5% minox.

The Effect of Methylsulfonylmethane on Hair Growth Promotion of
    Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate(vitamin c derivative) for the Treatment of Alopecia
    http://img.kisti.re.kr/originalView/..._v17n3_241.pdf

MSM increases glutathione
    http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/me...bstracts/445.8

Glutathione involved in maintaining the anagen hair cycle ->
    Glutathione S-transferase in normal human anagen hair follicles.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7800912

Glutahtion decreases with age
    Changes in glutathione content in human hair follicle keratinocytes as a function of age of donor: relation with glutathione dependent enzymes.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19291050

The next study suggests - glutathione may be involved in the conversion of androgens, and may play a protective role.
    Purification of Androgen Receptors in Human Sebocytes and Hair
    http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v9.../5612066a.html

Regulation of prostaglandin biosynthesis in vivo by glutathione
    http://ajpregu.physiology.org/content/274/2/R294.full

I also thought i read somehwre that glutathione was found to be higher in hairy areas than bald areas in mob but cant seem to find the study.

Why this combo works, i have no idea for sure but it could be a number of things from increasing glutathione which affects other pathways such as balancing cox2 enzymes. Im not quite sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Another VERY intresting point is that, theres several reports of msm growing hair AND nails much much faster than normal, i can vouch for this too.

The drug "Benaxoprofen" which was found to have similar affects of increasing hair and nail growth actually reversed MPB <- the similarity of these reports to me suggests msm may also do this but through different unknown mechanisms!

Benaxoprofen is a NSAID and is known to affect cox enzymes and other inflammotary enzymes, so its probably fair to assume MSM does something similar. MSM has been used by arthritis sufferers for pain releif too.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO msm/vitc and trx2 is enough to stop any further loss, and even regrow hair over time. I even belive its a fin alternative!
    It will take 6-12 months to notice that this combo is having an effect.
    - > Decreased shed levels are an indicator that its working. Although will take time for this effect to be achieved.

- > Decreased itchyness and dandruff another indication that its working. IMO its the most major indicator that signals whether mpb is in check or not. And is a very reliable indicator.

If your using dht blockers, it wont have much effect. It may help balance out cox2 enzymes thus preventing dormancy of the hairs but you wont see anything visual. So i do NOT reccomend people use this combo with dht blockers of any sort, even the natrual ones, ive tried this as a test, it does not work to keep hairs on the scalp which is the main goal in mpb.

9grams of msm and any adequate amount of vitamin c, you could supplement with this if you want to which i have done at 4 grams per day.
    Adding trx2 can help bring minturaised hairs back to life, although its possible to use the individiual ingredients of trx2, you would HAVE to stick with the ratios.

any questions pm me, or leave a message here.

lol if you want to increase glutathione, there are much better ways than taking MSM

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    lol if you want to increase glutathione, there are much better ways than taking MSM
    i know there is...but i dont know if its because of the glutathione increase or normalising cox directly.

"I also thought i read somehwre that glutathione was found to be higher in hairy areas than bald areas in mob but cant seem to find the study."

all I could find:

Glutathione, glutathione S-transferase and reactive oxygen species of human scalp sebaceous glands in male pattern baldness.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8757755

Antioxidants and lipid peroxidation status in the blood of patients with alopecia.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10965354

interesting since glutathione levels can be increased quite easily

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    "I also thought i read somehwre that glutathione was found to be higher in hairy areas than bald areas in mob but cant seem to find the study."

all I could find:

Glutathione, glutathione S-transferase and reactive oxygen species of human scalp sebaceous glands in male pattern baldness.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8757755

yeah thats the study i was referring to.

http://www.msmhair.com/balding-hair-restoration/

doesnt look like the guy regrew lots of new hair from the pics, but quite possibly may have postponed mpb.

How much Vitamin C do you take? And at what intervals? Anything special? Or do you just take a Vitamin C pill every morning?

P.S. All those questions, but with MSM. If that sounds like a stupid question, sorry. I know jack about MSM. First I've heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    How much Vitamin C do you take? And at what intervals? Anything special? Or do you just take a Vitamin C pill every morning?

P.S. All those questions, but with MSM. If that sounds like a stupid question, sorry. I know jack about MSM. First I've heard of it.

i take in the evenings ->

trx2 capsules
    few hours later.
    MSM - 9 grams together WITH 4 grams vit c capsules.

Interesting post gutted. I'm currently taking 3 grams MSM a.m. and 3 grams again in the evening, along with my 3 Trx caps - would you think it's beneficial to split the dose up am/pm? Or neck them all at once?

I don't take any Vit C - shall get down Boots and buy some tomorrow..

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Interesting post gutted. I'm currently taking 3 grams MSM a.m. and 3 grams again in the evening, along with my 3 Trx caps - would you think it's beneficial to split the dose up am/pm? Or neck them all at once?

I don't take any Vit C - shall get down Boots and buy some tomorrow..
    shouldnt really matter. I only take them together for convenience.
    Yes you need to include the vit c.