+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I augment/add anything to my current regiment?

Hey guys, right now I'm doing liquid Rogaine 5% once a day in the morning. I also just bought a bottle of Nizoral 1% shampoo that I'm going to start using twice a week. I also got some fancy sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner called DermOrganic to use on the days I'm not using Nizoral.

I have absolutely no desire to use Propecia, so besides that, how should I perfect my current hair loss regiment?

The only thing you could add that could actually help (and do more than what you currently have) is Propecia.

Well not really, most will say don't waste your time or money but you can try some natural supplements and see if they work. This is what I am doing right now (and wanted to try first) before I have no other alternative but to take Finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    Well not really, most will say don't waste your time or money but you can try some natural supplements and see if they work. This is what I am doing right now (and wanted to try first) before I have no other alternative but to take Finasteride.
    I will add propecia or proscar into the mix, trust me. also, if you want to go "natural" try adding Toco-8, emu oils, biotin 1000cm, and Niacin?

If any of the "natural" treatments actually could do anything appreciable to treat hereditary hair loss, they would very likely have the same side effect profile as Finasteride.

However, if one were to choose to waste their money to try the natural route, the only "natural" product on the market that has even the most remote chance of actually working to even the slightest appreciable extent is a good quality Saw Palmetto complex. You can buy such a thing at your local grocery store or pharmacy - in the vitamin/supplements isle. Everything else is a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    I will add propecia or proscar into the mix, trust me. also, if you want to go "natural" try adding Toco-8, emu oils, biotin 1000cm, and Niacin?
    Well I got a prescription for Propecia from my doctor last week but don't plan to have it filled just yet.

@Tracy, I am already taking Saw Palmetto among other things and have started experiencing very slight testicular sensitivity so perhaps something positive is happening? I've been on this routine for roughly 2 weeks.

@Tracy, I am already taking Saw Palmetto among other things.
    Are you taking just Saw Palmetto or a Saw Palmetto complex. Please note the word "complex". Straight Saw Palmetto alone is not likely going to do anything to help you at all. A quality Saw Palmetto complex however has better chances of actually doing something to help you, though not nearly as well as Finasteride.

Anything else you are taking is not likely doing you any good at all.