+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default How do you apply rogaine foam ?

Hey guys,
    Sorry if this question been asked before but i would like to know how do you prefer to apply rogaine foam and how to measure the dosage ?
    I was using the spray and it was easy to measure, 6-8 puffs and then rub it over nw6 area and im done.. Now im switching to the foam, and i read that if you put it on your hand it melts!! Some ppl put it directly on the scalp but how can you measure the dosage (you might put more or less than the recommended).
    Also should i use the recommended dosage to cover nw6 as well ? How can you use the same dosage to cover nw2 and nw6 ?? Is that even possible ?

Your input is really appreciated

Edit: i only use it once aday at night

You can hold your hand under cold water for a bit to prevent the foam from melting in your hand.

I don't worry too much about getting the dose right. I just "eye ball" it. You get the hang of it over time. I write the date I open a can on the can to help me gauge if I am getting the dose close to correct.

If you truly are a Norwood 6, you should be using Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) twice a day. You have a lot of ground to cover and you need all the help you can get. Though you may get some hair back, the amount of hair you get back most likely won't be very much - depending on how long you have been a Norwood 6 and how old you are. The older you are and the farther into the Norwood/Ludwig scales, the less hair you are likely to be able to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You can hold your hand under cold water for a bit to prevent the foam from melting in your hand.

I don't worry too much about getting the dose right. I just "eye ball" it. You get the hang of it over time. I write the date I open a can on the can to help me gauge if I am getting the dose close to correct.

If you truly are a Norwood 6, you should be using Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) twice a day. You have a lot of ground to cover and you need all the help you can get. Though you may get some hair back, the amount of hair you get back most likely won't be very much - depending on how long you have been a Norwood 6 and how old you are. The older you are and the farther into the Norwood/Ludwig scales, the less hair you are likely to be able to recover.
    Thanks Tracey, im not nw6 yet, i dont have complete bald spot (i had some in my hairline but i addressed it with HST) but my nw6 area is thin, which dosent really bother me much since i keep my hair buzzed, but im just trying to maintain it as long as possible and avoid having complete bald spot even if there is no new growth..

Ok i tried it today and put my hands under cold water before applying it but still the foam seems to melt so fast, i have 2 question:
    1) Would applying it after it melts have the same result ? For example if i put it in the cap and then apply what i can with my fingers and just apply the rest of the liquid from the cap after it melts on my scalp and message it.

2) i read some ppl advising to put the rogaine foam bottle in the fridge for 2 min before applying it, which will make the foam not melt right away, is that OK ? Would putting the bottle in the fridge for couple of minutes do any harm ?

Thanks,

I don't know what to tell you. The cold water trick works well for me. I've never needed to try putting it in the fridge and I don't know what effect, if any, that might have on the medicine itself.

I think your method dosen't work because the area i live in is really hot, and no AC in the bathroom where i apply the foam.