+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

this works for me....

grab an ice pack if you have one and put your fingers on it for like 20 seconds. That usually cools them off enough to get the job done. i ****ing hated this summer cause it was always hot in my bathroom and it took like 2 minutes to put the shit on my head. Looking forward to winter to be able to apply under 30 secs cause i don't need cooler hands.

Quote Originally Posted by dda View Post
    ....and it took like 2 minutes to put the stuff on my head.
    I have long hair and it has never taken me longer than half a minute to massage it into my scalp.

Since we have a great thread on the application of rogaine foam, I'll ask my question here too.

I got my 3 months supply last week and started to gradually build up to the required dosage as what Tracy said in another thread. So in my first week I've been applying it once every other day. This week I'll apply it once daily and next week I'm starting twice per day.

In connection to this I have a somewhat silly question but I hope those who have used rogaine for longer and have seen effects can tell me.
    On the leaflet it said:
    "For best results, apply half a capful 2 times a day directly to the scalp in the hair loss area. Using more than the recommended amount will not improve results. Each can should last one month, if used as directed."
    I have thinning on top too so should I be trying to spread the half capful to every area? I doubt half a cupful of rogaine is strong enough to have an effect on such a large area.

Quote Originally Posted by perrier View Post
    Since we have a great thread on the application of rogaine foam, I'll ask my question here too.

I got my 3 months supply last week and started to gradually build up to the required dosage as what Tracy said in another thread. So in my first week I've been applying it once every other day. This week I'll apply it once daily and next week I'm starting twice per day.

In connection to this I have a somewhat silly question but I hope those who have used rogaine for longer and have seen effects can tell me.
    On the leaflet it said:
    "For best results, apply half a capful 2 times a day directly to the scalp in the hair loss area. Using more than the recommended amount will not improve results. Each can should last one month, if used as directed."
    I have thinning on top too so should I be trying to spread the half capful to every area? I doubt half a cupful of rogaine is strong enough to have an effect on such a large area.
    Depends if you have long or short hair. my hair is buzzed so i find half capful is enough to cover the whole nw6 area, i just put it on top and then message it with my fingers and since there are no long hair, i feel the foam is absorbed to the scalp directly.
    For ppl with long hair some of the foam might end up on the hair not the scalp so they might need to use more than half capful to cover a large area (nw6 area)

Is the 1 ML dose of Minox applicable to large areas of hair loss? I'm doing my whole crown area. It says on the pack 6 sprays but I wasn't sure if that works when your doing such a large area, I've been using about 10 sprays?