+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Benzzro View Post
    I remember the thread with neosh entering phase 2 or w/e, can't remember exactly. But the posts were exactly like they are now.
    But did they show any kind of promising results? We know for a fact that Dr. Roland Lauster has found the holy grail and others are going about it differently with significant results although we dont know to what degree exactly. Was there ever anything that showed these results back then?

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    in 20 years, your son will say the same – on baldtruthtalk.com.
    Now come on man, don't be that "pessimistic", I'd say in the "next 5-10 years"....as usual. Then after those 5-10 years have come and gone, they'll promise us again that in the next 5-10 years... Well, just like they've been promising us for the past 5-10 years, and the 5-10 years before the last 5-10 years..

Hope is but a mirage.

Keep on waiting, folks. It's not that I don't want a treatment to arrive tomorrow, but I'm sick and tired of BS and empty baseless promises that make you feel those bastards are mocking us. I'm sick and tired of saying " I hope....".

Get an HT and move on. In most cases it's better than nothing.

"Get an HT and move on. In most cases it's better than nothing."

Hair transplants are not the answer. Unless they can multiply hairs. I have about 80-90 grafts transplanted in zone 1-1.5 and I recon it still is only about 60% of my original density.

I regret it and unless some kind of multiplication or something like Histogen comes hopefully soon then I can bump it up to about 140 grafts/cm which is about my original density. And even still the hairs in the hairline are coarser then original hairline hairs and never look truly natural.

Preying for Histogen SOON

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    And how is that going to help? It still can only harvest the very limited supply you have in your donor area.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Now come on man, don't be that "pessimistic", I'd say in the "next 5-10 years"....as usual. Then after those 5-10 years have come and gone, they'll promise us again that in the next 5-10 years... Well, just like they've been promising us for the past 5-10 years, and the 5-10 years before the last 5-10 years.
    Unfortunately, you are accurate in your estimation: it'll be many years before PGD2 blockers in particular are available for hairloss treatment, certainly not before the end of the decade at current rates of progress.

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/News_.../2012/03/hair/
    From George Cotsarelis:

Thank you for your interest in our research. If you have hair loss, we recommend seeing a dermatologist, as there are other causes of hair loss and some treatments currently available.

We are not performing any clinical trials at this time. The findings from this study have not yet led to any clinical trials. Please refer to the National Institutes of Health clinical trial site clinicaltrials.gov for ongoing hair loss studies.

Some media outlets have inaccurately reported that a drug may be available in two years. To clarify, if everything goes well, a treatment could start being tested in clinical trials within 2 years. The time to market, were the clinical trial successful, is more difficult to predict, but could be several more years after that pending FDA approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    Unfortunately, you are accurate in your estimation: it'll be many years before PGD2 blockers in particular are available for hairloss treatment, certainly not before the end of the decade at current rates of progress.

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/News_.../2012/03/hair/
    I think everyone knows that the whole PGD2 is 2 years away thing was bulls***. This is the kind of industry where even if you have the cure it's going to take around 4-5 years to get to market.

The positive thing is, should one of the many products being researched now have positive results, many of them are a few months from phase III, meaning we aren't 5 years away from the next product, more like 2-3.

Quote Originally Posted by doinmyheadin View Post

Hair transplants are not the answer. Unless they can multiply hairs. I have about 80-90 grafts transplanted in zone 1-1.5 and I recon it still is only about 60% of my original density.

I regret it and
    unless some kind of multiplication or something like Histogen comes hopefully soon then I can bump it up to about 140 grafts/cm which is about my original density. And even still the hairs in the hairline are coarser then original hairline hairs and never look truly natural.

With all due respect thats a tiny HT. The minimum i would go for is 3000 to get any sort of good visible result.

Inactive

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    With all due respect thats a tiny HT. The minimum i would go for is 3000 to get any sort of good visible result.
    I think he meant that after his hair transplant, the density in his hair line was 80/90 hairs per square centimeter, not that he only had 80/90 grafts placed in his hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by doinmyheadin View Post

I regret it and unless some kind of multiplication or something like Histogen comes hopefully soon then I can bump it up to about 140 grafts/cm which is about my original density. And even still the hairs in the hairline are coarser then original hairline hairs and never look truly natural.

I know HTs aren't the perfect solution or anything but it's the best -and unfortunately the ONLY one- we have at the moment. It's either remain bald and hate every second of your life, or even worse, or get an HT. It's no brainer to me. Being bald is NOT a option for me. Obviously an HT isn't going to give you anywhere near your original density (there are about 600-800 hairs/ sq. inch on human head) and for those with wavy hair will see a difference in the way their hair looks (after an HT) because the hair in the back or sides of the head isnt exactly the same as the one in front, but again, what else can we do?

I'd take the thinning look any time no matter how thin it is over a shiny scalp.

But yeah, hair multiplication would be a great thing if it ever becomes reality.