20 year old guy majorly freaking out about receding hairline (is it MPB?!) WITH PICS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jfox223
    • Sep 2012

Guys, here are a few extra pics as an update. The relative paucity of responses has me a little worried, and I'd like for people to estimate my NW classification (if possible, PWETTY PWEASE)... It's getting me down terribly, given there are quite a few miniaturising hairs along the hairline (I think). I just can't help but feel it's more like an NW3 than a 2 or 1.5...
    Attached Files

Comment

• dex89
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by jfox223
      Guys, here are a few extra pics as an update. The relative paucity of responses has me a little worried, and I'd like for people to estimate my NW classification (if possible, PWETTY PWEASE)... It's getting me down terribly, given there are quite a few miniaturising hairs along the hairline (I think). I just can't help but feel it's more like an NW3 than a 2 or 1.5...
      I'll say that you are a NW2, a solid one too. Your hair seems really thick, I wouldn't worry much unless your shedding a shit load. Try taking some meds, propecia or rogaine? I would, just to be on the safe side and to maintain my hair for many years. Good luck.

Comment

• jfox223
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by dex89
        I'll say that you are a NW2, a solid one too. Your hair seems really thick, I wouldn't worry much unless your shedding a shit load. Try taking some meds, propecia or rogaine? I would, just to be on the safe side and to maintain my hair for many years. Good luck.
        Solid as in it's incontrovertible, or as in the hair's in good nick?:P And thanks for the advice man. Heading back to uni next week so shall try and persuade my doctor to prescribe propecia. Is it expensive?

Comment

• rdawg
          • Jun 2012

looks like NW1.5 to me or so. If you're worried about money get Proscar instead of propecia. It's the same thing as propecia only a larger dose so you just cut it in quarters(propecia is 50-70 bucks a month, proscar is 70 dollars a year for me.)

Comment

• dex89
            • Jul 2012

yes pretty solid man lol Propecia is expensive, about 80 dollars for a month supply. I would go for proscar which is a lot cheaper, about 10 dollars for a 3 month supply at walmart. Just make sure you cut it into 4 pieces.

check this link out.

Cutting a Proscar pill into quarters.Some people will take a quarter pill per day for 4 days,miss a day and repeat.For more free information,help and advice ...

Comment

• jfox223
              • Sep 2012

I know I'm probably irking readers massively with all this, but here are a few extra pics illuminating what I perceive to be clumps of miniaturised hair located along the hairline. Panic doesn't quite encapsulate my general state right now; it's like 24 hour worry...

Apologies once more for pictorially deluging whosoever examines this
              Attached Files

Comment

• clarence
                • Sep 2012

The fact that your temples or temple points are a bit drawn inwards may contribute to your perceptions of MPB, even if no miniturization in the hairline (including the corners of the hairline as in NW2 or NW3 cases) has been perceived.

Honestly, I don't know much about the relationship between temples and the hairline. Some, including myself, 30 years old, have recession in the corners of the hairline, far more than in any of those pictures, but their temples, strangely enough, have stayed almost entirely intact since childhood.

Comment

• jfox223
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by clarence
                  The fact that your temples or temple points are a bit drawn inwards may contribute to your perceptions of MPB, even if no miniturization in the hairline (including the corners of the hairline as in NW2 or NW3 cases) has been perceived.

Honestly, I don't know much about the relationship between temples and the hairline. Some, including myself, 30 years old, have recession in the corners of the hairline, far more than in any of those pictures, but their temples, strangely enough, have stayed almost entirely intact since childhood.
                  So wait, you don't see any miniaturisation? A close up look would show quite a few smaller, finer hairs along the hairline, couped with some noticeable diffuse thinning at the mid frontal zone too that wasn't there like a few months ago. Add to that scalp visibility in the top left region of the hairline when hair sits naturally, perhaps symptomatic of anterior miniaturisation and therefore MPB... I need both a doctor and a shrink:P:P

Comment

• montreal6130
                    • Aug 2012

for what it is worth what you're showing is that you're moving from what culture what deem a 'cute kid' to a 'handsome man.' A mature hairline is part of becoming a grown man and that is what you have.

If the hair continues to really bother you I'd suggest you go find someone to talk to (i.e. therapist) as there must be something below the surface.

I'd also recommend that you do NOT touch propecia as DHT is important hormone for a young guy like you. It's important for all of us but particularly someone so young.

best of luck.

Comment

• clarence
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by jfox223
                      So wait, you don't see any miniaturisation? A close up look would show quite a few smaller, finer hairs along the hairline, couped with some noticeable diffuse thinning at the mid frontal zone too that wasn't there like a few months ago. Add to that scalp visibility in the top left region of the hairline when hair sits naturally, perhaps symptomatic of anterior miniaturisation and therefore MPB... I need both a doctor and a shrink:P:P
                      Didn't say I didn't necessarily see any. Didn't just bother tackling it in this case.

Comment

• jfox223
                        • Sep 2012

I'm curious as to whether stress can accelerate this thinning process evident throughout my now barely existent hairline. It sort of looks as though it's very insecure and weak...seeing the doctor about a week and a half from now who'll hopefully prescribe meds. Could it be telogen effluvium intermixing with MPB to accentuate diffusion, or can MPB be this aggressive? Hair is v easily pulled out all over my head...

The rate at which hair is miniaturising is startling; from thick, immovable hair, to this...feel sick. At 20 and balding horribly...fml.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• clarence
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by montreal6130
                          for what it is worth what you're showing is that you're moving from what culture what deem a 'cute kid' to a 'handsome man.' A mature hairline is part of becoming a grown man and that is what you have.
                          I'm not sure it's just maturation now that he posted some more pics. I mean it's normal for the corners to fall off first when going towards a mature hairline, but I'm under the impression that miniaturization is not part of the maturation. I mean I went through maturation but in the process never observed any miniaturization in the middle section of the hairline; the juvenile hairs just fell out like in rows of bricks, one by one switching from growth to sleep, without visible signs of miniaturization.

Comment

Working...