+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Was it worthy to have HT?

Hi, since polls are disabled, I would ask u to post whether it was positive experience to have HT or not. Here is a scale I would suggest to use it.

5-Very positive, life changing, should have done it before
    4-Very positive, I am glad I did it
    3-It is ok to have it, but it didn't affect my life much
    2-I have it now, but wouldn't have done it if I could go back
    1-Dissatisfied, what have I done?

It would be also nice to have some comment, why and how did affect u.

Thank u.

I'd say most people who have done it are satisfied with it and are glad they had it. For me, I was never bald when I started on the HT path. So, I don't know what I would've felt if I were completely bald then got an HT but I have to say there was no way I would've waited until my hair was really thin. I know my transplanted hair doesn't look as good as the native but again, there's no way in hell I'd let myself go bald. So, there's no alternative to HTs whether they can give perfect results or not. I'd say I'm ok with it but now I'm extremely worried as I lose more hair with time and I don't know what a complete HT (the whole head) would look like on me.

Right now, at this point in my life I regret it ...100%. I'm now having procedures to reverse the scars it caused. The effects of hairless are mostly mental and if one has no fears or loss of confidence lossing his hair, his outlook on life is that of someone who skipped the gene. Hair loss no longer bothers me as it did... I just want to repair the damage and return my head to a state I can confidently walk Around with a very short style and know a person out there has no clue anything was done.

Will I feel different once my repair process is successful and I'm reaping the benefits of prior procedures giving me the allusion of having hair? Perhaps.... That's a long ways away however.

To answer your question, I'd say 2. If this is something you choose to do, research and use these forums for guidance. If something doesn't seem right, trust your intuition. If someone is extremely high on a particular process or subject it most likely is not as it seems. If someone is always down or questioning the validity of something regardless of overwhelming positive outcomes....they might not want to be the best person to listen to either. Do your research, trust no one person, and by all means take your time with this decision .... It's a one way path my friend.

My personal opinion is the technology and skill of many has improved drastically in the last 10-15 years... That being said, in the right hands, one can achieve the look he's looking for with minimal scaring. Still, if my family history and balding process is sending me down the road of a Norwood 6-7...... No way. Shave your head and live your life best you can because you will be chasing a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    Right now, at this point in my life I regret it ...100%. I'm now having procedures to reverse the scars it caused. The effects of hairless are mostly mental and if one has no fears or loss of confidence lossing his hair, his outlook on life is that of someone who skipped the gene. Hair loss no longer bothers me as it did... I just want to repair the damage and return my head to a state I can confidently walk Around with a very short style and know a person out there has no clue anything was done.

Will I feel different once my repair process is successful and I'm reaping the benefits of prior procedures giving me the allusion of having hair? Perhaps.... That's a long ways away however.

To answer your question, I'd say 2. If this is something you choose to do, research and use these forums for guidance. If something doesn't seem right, trust your intuition. If someone is extremely high on a particular process or subject it most likely is not as it seems. If someone is always down or questioning the validity of something regardless of overwhelming positive outcomes....they might not want to be the best person to listen to either. Do your research, trust no one person, and by all means take your time with this decision .... It's a one way path my friend.

My personal opinion is the technology and skill of many has improved drastically in the last 10-15 years... That being said, in the right hands, one can achieve the look he's looking for with minimal scaring. Still, if my family history and balding process is sending me down the road of a Norwood 6-7...... No way. Shave your head and live your life best you can because you will be chasing a pipe dream.

Are you happy with the recipient area at least ??

I thoroughly regret mine. It was FUE, so no major scarring. Although i wouldn't be comfortable going down to a #1 guard due to the amount of white dotting i have. I have brown skin, which makes the white dots VERY visible. I had poor growth, even though i went with a very well recommended surgeon. I lost a lot of money and for the first year after my transplant, i was very upset and in quite a depressed mood. If i need hair in the future, i might try out a small partial hairpiece, as opposed to trying another transplant. If i lost another $12K on a hair transplant, i'd be one angry motherf#cker !!

On your scale, i'm a 1.

I am a number 1. Totally regret it, wish I could turn back time and not do it, I hate the fact that I can never say "I didnt have a hair transplant" I can never say that, ever. Theres nothing wrong with losing your hair, despite what some people say, no one cares about your hairloss but you. You see bald people everyday going about their lives with no probs!

I didnt end up receding past NW1.5 anyway so never needed the HT that the bad UK Dr talked me into.

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    I thoroughly regret mine. It was FUE, so no major scarring. Although i wouldn't be comfortable going down to a #1 guard due to the amount of white dotting i have. I have brown skin, which makes the white dots VERY visible. I had poor growth, even though i went with a very well recommended surgeon. I lost a lot of money and for the first year after my transplant, i was very upset and in quite a depressed mood. If i need hair in the future, i might try out a small partial hairpiece, as opposed to trying another transplant. If i lost another $12K on a hair transplant, i'd be one angry motherf#cker !!

On your scale, i'm a 1.
    White dotting on the recipient or donor area ?

Wow, didn't expect that much of a negative feedback. Thank u for sharing the experience. Maybe we ll hear some postives too?

I am thinking about doing it for well over 2 years (and still do), so I d say I took my time, but nothing like the people who went through can teach u more, so I hope we ll see other coming out with their experience too.

I was thinking about it for three years, then did it and regretted it the same day.

5 for me