+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

4-Very positive, I am glad I did it
    I'd have to say my results and piece of mind puts me in this category, I had my procedure about four months ago, the results are great, I couldn't be happier, but it never really bothered me to begin with, I had diffuse thinning to a high degree but not bald entirely at any location besides receding temples, but the hair on top and crown was VERY thin, I just said to myself, hell I can afford it, why not, only live once...BEST decision I ever made.

I would do it again in a heartbeat...!

And the Propecia and Minoxidil are also incredible products, I'm blown away with the results with my measly 2500+ grafts.

Cheers, and best to everyone.

-Dale-

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    I thoroughly regret mine. It was FUE, so no major scarring. Although i wouldn't be comfortable going down to a #1 guard due to the amount of white dotting i have. I have brown skin, which makes the white dots VERY visible. I had poor growth, even though i went with a very well recommended surgeon. I lost a lot of money and for the first year after my transplant, i was very upset and in quite a depressed mood. If i need hair in the future, i might try out a small partial hairpiece, as opposed to trying another transplant. If i lost another $12K on a hair transplant, i'd be one angry motherf#cker !!

On your scale, i'm a 1.

I'm looking to have my scar covered up with an FUE my skin is natually tan. Any suggestions as in Doctor. I was wondering about the white dots or any scars as I would like to take may hair down to a 2 but really about a 1. I'm thinking I may have to give up on my dream of having a low cut and wait till I save up enough money to get another strip done. sigh, Really tired of the thinness on top and the scar in back. Horrible styling my hair

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    I have been wanting a hair transplant for the past 4 years, but I am unfortunately not a candidate according to 3 IAHRS doctors I had consultations with. I have two very good friends who ended up having hair transplants and one if having his second one next month. They were both strips and they both have told me that for them it was a great decision that changed their lives. I think the results look very good and I'm jealous to tell the truth. From what I have seen online and from my two friends who both look much better and feel much better after having their hair transplants I would say it is worth it you go to good doctors and have realistic expectations. By the way, both of these guys are in their mid thirties, and wear their hair short and their strip scars do not show. Neither one has any concern about the scar so I think it's all a matter of perspective.
    WOW who were the Doctor. Good doctors should be commended. I am waiting to hear back from an IAHRS doc about the pictures I submitted. Seems there are none in my city so been doing everything over the phone.

4 for me

Back in 1980 when I first started looking into hair restoration, only open donor (plugs) were being done and so I waited and eventually went with wearing a hair system between 1985 and 1996. Micors and minis were considered the top technology when i did my first HT and since then had three more over my lifetime.

I truly believe that if I had let my emotions rule, I would have had the plugs back in the early eighties and probaly would have regretted it.

My last two procedures were follicular unit grafting and so I rate my overall satisfaction as a 4.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    I'd say 4.
    It's been 2 years since I had my HT with Dr. Haber and I'm still I'm very happy with my results.
    Dr. Haber is awesome. A true knight in shining armor.

It would be nice if those who are not satisfied with their HT to say the year they did it in and if it was an IAHRS doctor. This would be very helpful.

Total and complete 5. Thought about it for almost 25 years. Absolutely no regrets. It will be 5 years this coming March since I had my procedure.

Dr. Ron Shapiro and his team can not be beat.

THat man knows how to design a hairline. A rock star surgeon and a genuinely warm human being who only wants the best for his patients.

And I don't say that lightly.

Hal

Quote Originally Posted by hal View Post
    Total and complete 5. Thought about it for almost 25 years. Absolutely no regrets. It will be 5 years this coming March since I had my procedure.

Dr. Ron Shapiro and his team can not be beat.

THat man knows how to design a hairline. A rock star surgeon and a genuinely warm human being who only wants the best for his patients.

And I don't say that lightly.

Hal
    Dr. Shapiro's hairlines have been the standard which other top tier doctors have based their work; even some that are known for their own hairline work.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

7 months after my ht 2000 grafts hairline and templets - And I am really really happy with the results.

For me it was "life changing"

Been on the big 3 for 3 years to be sure the loss halted enough to take this HT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HT - hairline and templets.jpg

Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	43968