+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I feel like it is obviously more worth it for women because its not like they have to worry about much more hairloss (entire head like men), and can very easily hide the scar(s).

I think if your a guy, its just not worth it. You'll always be worrying if the hair around it will be lost, leaving you MUCH worse off. I, like most ppl would rather be balding naturally than have unnatural islands of thick hair amongst bald skin and thin hair.

Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Remember this, you're only hearing from the ones with negative experiences wit HT because they're the ones hanging out here. Of course those who are happy with their HTs HAVE NO REASON TO BE HERE -especially if they're not losing more hair- AND THAT'S WHY YOU WON'T HEAR FROM THEM.
    Not so. Plenty of people who have undergone hair transplants and been satisfied with the results still participate in hair loss forums, for a variety of reasons: they're interested in having additional procedures, they're interested in other (potential) hair loss treatments, they're interested in sharing their experiences and helping others, etc.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    Todays "state of the art techniques" are ALWAYS tomorrows butchery.
    That's not true. Medical techniques are always improving, but that doesn't mean every previous technique manifestly ends up being regarded as "butchery."

Quote Originally Posted by sp8rky View Post
    Good for you Tracy.

The white dotting is what is left behind after a graft is taken out, but normally not noticed unless you bic shave your head. Who us your ht dr going to be?
    I am getting it done in Turkey ,He uses FUE technique with choi implanter with pretty good yield from what i have seen over a year .

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    I thoroughly regret mine. It was FUE, so no major scarring. Although i wouldn't be comfortable going down to a #1 guard due to the amount of white dotting i have. I have brown skin, which makes the white dots VERY visible. I had poor growth, even though i went with a very well recommended surgeon. I lost a lot of money and for the first year after my transplant, i was very upset and in quite a depressed mood. If i need hair in the future, i might try out a small partial hairpiece, as opposed to trying another transplant. If i lost another $12K on a hair transplant, i'd be one angry motherf#cker !!

On your scale, i'm a 1.
    Folly, did your doc not offer you follow up work to address the poor growth? That's something I'd demand as a condition before undertaking surgery.

Edit: I'm a douche. I already know the answer sorry Folly forgot your this is your username.

The choi implanter isn't normally very good at all. Which clinic are you going to?

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Not so. Plenty of people who have undergone hair transplants and been satisfied with the results still participate in hair loss forums, for a variety of reasons: they're interested in having additional procedures, they're interested in other (potential) hair loss treatments, they're interested in sharing their experiences and helping others, etc.

What I meant -and I think I did mention that- was that at least for those who are DONE with their HTs they have no reason to be here. I remember 2 years ago (when my hair was still looking good) I had no reason to come here. Sometimes it would be months before I'd come here. With 4 Hts under my belt and my hair loss stabilized (at least back then) I didn't have much reason to come here except to check on the latest developments in the hair loss field once every few months (because I still worry about the rest of the native hair on top).

What I meant -and I think I did mention that- was that at least for those who are DONE with their HTs they have no reason to be here.
    For many it’s like the Hotel California, you can check out anytime but you can never leave.

C'mon guys, isn't there really anyone with positive experience? 3 pages and only 2 so far. This is really discouraging.

When you have a lot of subpar doctors working in an industry where the patients are often young and desperate the outcome is usually not very good. But of course there are many that have good hair characteristics, found the right doctor are very happy and just moved on. Don’t be discouraged just make sure you understand the procedure fully along with the industry.

Many that work in the industry and have hair loss have not had a procedure that should be a big clue, just make sure you understand what you are getting into.