+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vinnytr View Post
    White dotting on the recipient or donor area ?
    Both. The donor is terrible. He used a 0.95mm punch. The funny thing is, i ended up with a lot of hypopigmentation in the recipient too, which is something i wasn't expecting. I wasn't told this either by my HT surgeon. Currently, i CAN NOT wear my hair up as the white dots show through on my hairline. It's actually less dots and more like white 'smears'. They're very obvious in the summer time when i'm slightly tanned, but not so bad other times of the year. Even so, i would never feel comfortable wearing my hair up at any time of the year, as someone may spot the marks on my hairline. Obviously, i can't wear my hair short in the recipient area and i can't wear it up, so i'm a little limited in options. Man, i'm getting angry just typing this out !!! Like so many cosmetic procedures, not only do you not get a good result, you end up worse off than when you started.

I remember FUE was marketed as a great procedure for those with darker skin types, typically African Americans who like to wear their hair short. Does anyone know how that works ? Obviously, if you have dark skin, white dots look very obvious. So how is FUE great for darker skin types ? How can you have dark skin, have an FUE procedure and still keep your hair very short ?

Default Advice

Dont make permanent decisions in a temporary state of mind.

Regret turns into anger and depression and can last a lifetime.

A bad hair transplant goes deeper than the body and cuts into the soul.

Todays "state of the art techniques" are ALWAYS tomorrows butchery.

If you are uncertain what to do, especially if emotion is involved, do nothing.

The real winners of the hair loss battle are the men who can buzz down their hair or shave and be confident and accept themselves and live a happy life.

I personally almost got an ht. I even paid my large non refundable deposit. Cancelled a week before. Best decision i've ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    Dont make permanent decisions in a temporary state of mind.

Regret turns into anger and depression and can last a lifetime.

A bad hair transplant goes deeper than the body and cuts into the soul.

Todays "state of the art techniques" are ALWAYS tomorrows butchery.
    T
    If you are uncertain what to do, especially if emotion is involved, do nothing.

The real winners of the hair loss battle are the men who can buzz down their hair or shave and be confident and accept themselves and live a happy life.

I personally almost got an ht. I even paid my large non refundable deposit. Cancelled a week before. Best decision i've ever made.
    Nice one!

10char

Person very well said.

It comes down to having all the information and being a good candidate. If those that are unhappy with their result were given all the information they would have made a different decision each and every one of them but they never got that chance and that is what makes this a slimey business.

The majority of doctors are not artists and that is why they are doctors. So you have an industry filled with people who are trying to be something they are not.

I would be included in the unhappy group but knowing what I know now I would still consider HT an option but would have approached it much differently.

I thank about all the money and all the time spent since 1996 and wish I would have shaved my head. I'm doing fill in and will start scar revision (fill in) next. I would have paid 20k to have not ever had it done but I guess I will now be paying way more just to camo my decision 16 yrs ago. Don't make decisions on emotions or perceived pipe dreams

Remember this, you're only hearing from the ones with negative experiences wit HT because they're the ones hanging out here. Of course those who are happy with their HTs HAVE NO REASON TO BE HERE -especially if they're not losing more hair- AND THAT'S WHY YOU WON'T HEAR FROM THEM. This WILL give you the impression that more people are unhappy with their HTs than are happy, which is NOT the case. There are people out there who'd tell you they have their lives back after getting an HT.

I've had shitty luck with my HTs but THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I WAS GOING TO JUST SIT AROUND AND LET THIS CURSE DISFIGURE ME. I mean, the way I see it, being bald is the same as being disfigured. So, if something goes wrong (from an HT) it wouldn't really matter to me.It's like I'm disfigured either way but chances are I won't be (with an HT) unless I go to some butcher or I have a really really bad luck. I don't have good results from my HTs but I'm not bald, WHICH IS WHAT MATTERS TO ME. I wear a hat but if the hat falls off at least people will see I HAVE hair. No one is going to scrutinise my hair. Even if I have to wear a hat the rest of my life, which I think I will, I'm satisfied with the fact that I don't have a patch of bare skin on top of my head. Like I said, my only worry is more hair loss in the future.

The other thing, some people dont have reasonable expectations. They go into HT thinking they'd have the same look they had before (with the original hair) but are not happy when they see that that could not be achieved with the HT. Take a look at some of the before and after pics that some doctors (or I don't know who) put up here every now and then. Some look really good. Why would you think those patients wouldn't be happy with their HTs?

In the end it's YOUR choice and it all depends on how much you hate baldness and how much you like to have hair. Like Spencer once said, he'd glue a hair piece on if he had to if his hair falls out. I'd ****ing implant doll hair into my scalp if I had to but I WOULD NEVER EVER be caught dead with a bald head. EVER.

Id give a million to not of had it done if i had that much

i am getting a FUE procedure in a few weeks and this white dotting mentioned from HT is really bothering me now .

Whats the cause of this white dotting in both areas guys ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    5-Very positive, life changing, should have done it before.
    Hair transplant surgery gave me my life back.

Good for you Tracy.

The white dotting is what is left behind after a graft is taken out, but normally not noticed unless you bic shave your head. Who us your ht dr going to be?