+ Reply to Thread

Default Can Propecia fix this?

I am 30 years old I really want to get my hairline to stop receding if i dont get any regrowth I could live with that.What are my chances I dont have any health issue except high cholesterol but will that affect me taking propecia pills?

can i get it from the UK without a prescription? I dont want to try minoxidil as I suffer anxiety attacks and I have heart it can make your heart race ect and that would just trigger my panic attacks

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by fabio27 View Post

I am 30 years old I really want to get my hairline to stop receding if i dont get any regrowth I could live with that.What are my chances I dont have any health issue except high cholesterol but will that affect me taking propecia pills?

can i get it from the UK without a prescription? I dont want to try minoxidil as I suffer anxiety attacks and I have heart it can make your heart race ect and that would just trigger my panic attacks

thanks guys
    Hey mate,

Propecia definitely has a good chance of arresting hair loss and possibly may regrow some of the recession, although it is typically more effective on the areas around the top of the head.

You really should get a prescription though: Firstly to make sure it won't influence the anxiety attacks & cholesterol situation negatively or interfere with any medicines you might be taking. And secondly, it's always best to go to a doctor regarding issues like these.

If price is a worry, what a lot of other users do is buy proscar which is a 5mg tablet of finasteride (same active ingredient in propecia), and they cut that down into quarters, which saves a lot of money as proscar and propecia are roughly the same price. You can save even more money by buying generic proscar, but I highly suggest you get the prescription from your doctor and visit a local pharmacy.

As for the minoxidil, I would personally say don't bother due to the anxiety attacks, and it's has little efficacy on the hairline, and can sometimes make the recession look worse.

And lastly, remember that this is one post from one person on the internet. Keep doing your research and I wish you good luck.

Sincerely,

BGP - the protocol that makes the internet.