+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    Well, to answer this question. its 1.5 months.

My hair is shedding like crazy now. Its scary as hell. 3 months and 1 week after stopping. God i wish i never ever used that poison. Literally 100+ hairs come out in the shower and my hair has become much thinner in literally 1 week!

Now the question is.... Has anyone ever recovered from the shed

I have heard it takes 6-7 months from the time you stop to see your real baseline

I have also heard ppl say its permanently screwed their hair... but this usually comes from the ppl who get scared at first sight of shedding after quitting and jump back on minox poison just to have another start shed and crappy results and a bloated face
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. Almost all my hair is gone at this point. I want to shave it off, but I'm too big of a pansy. I quit in May and don't know if I have any hope of recovering a baseline. I was on it religiously for about a year and only experienced more and more shedding. What a disastrous treatment. I would be so much better off to have done nothing.

It's still shedding at a terrifying rate, despite there hardly being any left to shed. **** Rogaine.

Quote Originally Posted by sch89 View Post
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. Almost all my hair is gone at this point. I want to shave it off, but I'm too big of a pansy. I quit in May and don't know if I have any hope of recovering a baseline. I was on it religiously for about a year and only experienced more and more shedding. What a disastrous treatment. I would be so much better off to have done nothing.

It's still shedding at a terrifying rate, despite there hardly being any left to shed. **** Rogaine.
    Well according to this study done on minoxidil your shedding should slow down soon and start regrowing around the 5 months mark. By six months post minox you should hopefully start coming back to baseline. Thank you for your response and I hope it gets better. PLease keep me updated.

http://divineskin.com/uk/spectralDNC...oxidilMech.PDF

look at the first graph on the right. This should be helpful on explaining what to expect after quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    I dont want to say it stopped working for me, but Minoxidil got to the point for me where I would go off it for a few days and just start shedding like crazy. I would shed while on it to as more time went by, it really only helped out for a year or so by slowing down my hairloss.(I'd be a NW4 without it, i'm a NW3.)

had to go on propecia(where I stopped shedding immediately up until now, month 3, but I believe this shed is a good thing)
    Sounds like you've made a wise decision or are a true optimist. Hopefully both though.

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    How long do you have to use minoxidil to have a shed after quitting?

I used it for 7 weeks and stopped due to sides. I am worried I will have this HORRIBLE shed everyone speaks of on this forum 3 months after quitting.
    What sides did you experience?

Most of the rogaine quitters here confuse me. Why would you stop taking it if you know that a shed will start? Isn't the whole point of using rogaine to maintain what you have? As far as I'm concerned, unless you experience terrible side effects, you keep using the rogaine until you're ready to face reality and let your hair fall out. Is this an inaccurate presumption?

Also, to those of you who took rogaine for a sustained period of time and either maintained what they had or regrew some hair: What prompted you to stop taking Rogaine?