+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Insane propecia prices.. And how to do something about it.

Hey People

Well.. I live in Denmark. When i started doing propecia, i payed 95 dollars a month!! Not even a month actually, only 28 days. Thats some sick prices!

After some time i found out you can get Proscar for a smaller prices + you cut it up, so you have a bigger supply. Great!
    I called up the doc and i got my perscription.
    When i got to the farmacy, the sweet farmacy lady told me they had an alternative to Proscar called Sandoz. Which was even cheaper!
    It costed me just less than 30 dollars. I now had a supply for like a half year! It couldn't be any better!

Weeeell.. Last week i ran out. So i called up my doctor and asked for a new perscription.. And he then told me he couldn't do it because they went in the newspaper because it wasn't legal to perscripe proscar for hairloss. Because the state gives some kind of financial grant to the proscar and because of the "danger" of cutting it up..
    So two days ago i went back to buying my 95$ propecia which lasts me 28 days.. THIS SUCKS.

I just don't think its fair to charge us these insane prices, when the medicine costs more than hundred times less to produce.

So i figured it might be possible to buy the sandoz finasteride online in europe. But i can't find it anywhere. Anybody who knows a website or something?

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

there are other generic alternatives available online

ideally you would get a prescription through another doctor though

Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    there are other generic alternatives available online

ideally you would get a prescription through another doctor though
    Yea i know that.. But then i have no choice put paying 95$ every 28 days. And thats a lot for 23 year old student.
    Which alternatives are you thinking of? Its just, now i know sandoz.. so thats feels kind of safe

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

what I meant was maybe you could find a doctor who would be willing to prescribe you Finasteride Sandoz instead of Propecia

common finasteride generics sold on the internet are Finpecia, Pelosta et cet.
    trusted sites are inhouse-pharmacy and 4rx but it would cost you more money than if you were to buy Sandoz in Denmark

Thank you.

I don't think i can find anyone to perscribe it since there is a lot of focus on it now..

what about this fincar from inhouse pharmacy? Is it the real deal?

http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-178...nasteride.aspx

I thought there were places where you can order online. No? But yeah, why wouldn't they prescribe an alternative? Like here in the US or canada we have Proscar. Which is exactly the same stuff as Propecia but for a fraction of the price. If they can prescribe Propecia, then why not the other one since they're the same thing? Maybe they're just trying to help the makers of Propecia rip people off.

yea its completely unfair!

But of course.. For some reason i cant order it sent to Denmark, from either inhous pharmacy or 4rx..

Can you go to a neighboring EU country where they have other alternatives? I think it would be well-worth it to do a little traveling if you really want to keep using Fin. Or will they confiscate this "deadly" drug at the airport too? How about traveling by car? I don't know. I'm trying to think of something that you can do. Life and the world we live in just SUCKS. We live in an IMAGINARY freedom and so-called democracy. I don't get this stupid Bull shit. Why is a drug allowed in a country (or even a bunch of countries) but for some reason banned and treated as a dangerous drug in another? Why is the same drug under one name allowed in the same country but banned under another name? I don't get human stupidity.

Regardless, $95 is honestly so extremely worth it.

Progressive RX has always provided me good generic finasteride...180 pills for $92 shipped. I'm on regular Propecia and Avodart twice a week now though.