+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

no, getting off fin did not give me sides. When I started taking fin I didn't really notice that I was actually experiencing the 2 sides I outlined above. I got those sides as a result of taking fin but I just didn't notice them till I got off fin. After about 3 weeks of getting off fin I noticed that I was getting much more morning erections and that my ejaculate was less 'liquidy' than it was before.

as of yesterday I started an eod fin program after being off it for 4 weeks and will take a look at how those 2 sides progress.

I must say that my terror of fin has gone. It's an fda approved drug. Yes, there is a potential for sides but in my opinion it is not the monster people make it out to be.

I'm on Fin, have been for years without sides (as far as I know) Sometimes I take 1/5th every other day, sometimes only 1/5th 2-3 times a week, haven't taken everyday for ages, haven't noticed any thinning.

When my wife and I were trying for a baby I stopped taking it altogether and used Saw Palmetto instead, no thinning then either.

thx, that's great to hear. Just starting the eod approach after taking 4 weeks off. Curious to see how it works out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by montreal6130 View Post
    thx, that's great to hear. Just starting the eod approach after taking 4 weeks off. Curious to see how it works out for me.
    How did it go?

I have gone from 1.25mg daily to 2.5 mg every other day out of convience.

It might be my imagination, but I swear my hair is thinner on the top. Its been 3 1/2 months and I know I need to go through the shedding but sometimes its tough

been taking it every other day due to a side effect scare I might have thinned out a little bit but I believe this is due to discontinuing rogaine and resuming its use

I took 0.5mg everyday for a year and a half or so. Now on 0.5mg every other day for convenience. I'm a good candidate for finasteride though. Only real sides I had was a little bit of forehead acne at the beginning and dry skin on my face. Went away after a few months. Stopped my hairloss, stopped the itch, hair thickened up, and crown filled back in. I didn't see any real results until month 8 through 12. Plan on using it until something like cb-03-01 comes out. I'm not getting my hopes up though, lol.

id try propecia twice a day but the dose half of what you normally take in total. Therefore, if you take 1 mg a day take 0.25 mg twice a day. Im starting minoxidil soon, I wont be trying propecia for at least a year. However, this will keep the half life longer in your body. So ultimately its more sustained and less of a shock to your system.

Why not just take 1mg a day?
    I'm sure that 1.25mg EoD will still do a decent job. I was on .5mg for nearly 4 years and still got good regrowth from it.