+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default donor area shaved all the way down after HST

Hello guys,
    Before going into the HT path, i was always looking for pics of shaved donor areas post HTs since i always keep my hair buzzed and all i needed is to work on the midront and hairline for now to frame my face since my hair line was almost completly gone, but i never found a post with detailed post op donor pics whih made me alwa1ys hesitate to move forward. after alot of research i was convinced that HST is for me and went for it, below is how my donor look like post op, I had 2080 graft done.... All pictures were taking with 12 megapixel cam with flash:

1) right post op in the clinic:

2) a week post op before having any haircut:

3) 13 days post op after my frst haircut (grade 1 on the donor area and 0 on the very bottom):
    [IMG]http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/picture.php?albumid=582&pictureid=4620
    [/IMG]

4) almost 3 weeks post op (grade .5 "1/5"

5) almost 5 weeks post op (with clippers with no guard, the shortest you can go before razor)L

NOTE: the visible white gap on the left side was there before op

according to HASCI, it still takes up to 9 monhs for the regrowth to be completed and for the donor to heal completly.

Looks very good aim4hair! Thank you for taking the time to take and post your pictures. Can you post some before and afters of your recipient area when you have a chance? Please continue to keep us posted when your hair starts to grow in. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Looks very good aim4hair! Thank you for taking the time to take and post your pictures. Can you post some before and afters of your recipient area when you have a chance? Please continue to keep us posted when your hair starts to grow in. Good luck!
    anytime.. i'll post pre and post recipient photo soon..

Spill the beanz0rs. How much $?

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    All pictures were taking with 12 megapixel cam with flash:

3) 13 days post op after my frst haircut (grade 1 on the donor area and 0 on the very bottom):
    sure, a good quality camera with lots of megapixels is also important, but not that important for such photos. especially for such donor photos, the camera’s zoom-in factor is far more important. for example

day 3
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/3/...83uk-Day-3.jpg

day 13
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/3/...3uk-Day-13.jpg

with a camera with a high zoom-in factor, the viewer is able to see (and compare) even each and every detail of every single extraction site.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    sure, a good quality camera with lots of megapixels is also important, but not that important for such photos. especially for such donor photos, the camera’s zoom-in factor is far more important. for example

day 3

day 13

with a camera with a high zoom-in factor, the viewer is able to see even each and every detail of every single extraction site.
    Yeah i dont think there is any online case as good as gc83uk case. The photos i posted are not good to prove regeneration but they can give an idea about how the donor will look to the naked eyes post HST, actually in real life the donor even looks much better since even the little redness shown by the flash in some photos is not visible at all.
    I took so many pics and some of them with very high zoom-in quality, i might post those later when i get time since it will take forever selecting the photos and try to find the same angle for all post op days.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    I took so many pics and some of them with very high zoom-in quality, i might post those later when i get time since it will take forever selecting the photos and try to find the same angle for all post op days.
    try to find the best quality photos of at least day 1 to day 3 and finally some photos after having shaved your head (day 13). then load them up (original size, please!) at http://www.fileden.com/ or any other image hosting website of your choice.

Thanks for the photos aim4hair, please keep us informed about your progress!

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post

day 3

day 13

with a camera with a high zoom-in factor, the viewer is able to see (and compare) even each and every detail of every single extraction site.
    I'm going to weigh in on this one because I feel it really needs to be addressed with the whole 'pictures' subject and for good reason: I'm a photographer.

1) Megapixels help no matter how you look at it though realistically 8mp is more than enough to see the results for our needs, which everything on the market today would be overkill.
    2) Zoom isn't going to do as much as the lens' minimum focusing distance. You want to PHYSICALLY get close to your subject.
    3) Zooming into the subject increases the f/stop which requires either longer shutter speeds or higher ISO speeds, the latter giving poor results as there is an increase in noise.
    4) A macro lens would be ideal however these cost an arm and leg but would also not be able to give you 'the big picture' shot, you'd only get fine details.
    5) For objects like the back of the head to determine hair regrowth I'm fairly sure we'd be fine with a regular 18-55mm kit lens most SLR cameras ship with today, you just have to set the f/stop to around f/5.6 or higher as it will produce a sharper image (lower always means softer images) and the bokeh is less obvious, as in, how much is in focus, in which case, at f/5.6 on a relatively flat object up close is fine.

Tips to get your photos turning out the way you want them to (for the purpose of this thread)

1) Use soft lighting as opposed to bare light bulbs or god forbid, on camera flash. Best way is to find a room that has a lot of windows and natural light. Sometimes long fluorescent lights high above with the semi-transparent covers work quite well as the covers act somewhat like a diffuser. You want *soft* shadows not the hard shadows that on camera flash produces
    2) Get as close (physically) to your subject as possible, zooming in won't hurt but won't matter much.
    3) Theres a general rule that your shutter speed should be the same as your zoom length. Thus, if your shooting at 50mm, you'll need a shutter speed of 1/50th of a second or fast. If at 100mm zoom range, then 1/100th of a second shutter speed is necessary. This is because nobody has perfectly still hands and you'll often find slightly blurry photos because of your hand shaking. This is normal. So, just make sure your shooting at a fast enough shutter speed to get your subject (back of head and hair) as still as possible.
    4) If your using an entry level digital SLR, you'll need to factor in the crop factor. Essentially what this means is that entry level SLRs have smaller sensors than regular 35mm film, therefor zoom ranges are 1.6X or 1.5X as much, ie; 100mm becomes 160mm. That means, you'll need to shoot at 1/160 sec. if at 100mm.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing your results aim4hair. The donor looks excellent. I personally do not notice any scarring or thinning. I'm not sure if you took any photos of your shaved donor area before the procedure, but I'd love to see future Gho patients provide those so we can have a better idea where each patient started from. Also, it would be great if you could zoom in closer with the pics so that we can see an even more detailed look, like 534623 has suggested.

I think at this point though, it's pretty conclusive that HST is clearly the most minimally invasive and least scarring procedure out there. A lot of people have documented their procedures and shown pictures of their shaved donor areas after a procedure and they have always looked good. It impresses me how quickly the donor area heals.

I think the focus going forward for patients documenting their cases should be on two things now:

1. Recipient photos. At the end of the day, the most important thing for a hair transplant are the aesthetic results. I know it's too early to for the guys who had procedures recently, but I hope eventually that many of you can show your before and after pictures of the recipient so we can get a better idea of how artistically skilled the docs at HASCI are and how much of a difference a single HST session can make.

2. Donor Regeneration. This one is a bit tricky as it seems that replicating gc83uk's photo taking hasn't been easy. The more documentation we can get of donor regeneration, the better. Zoomed-in pictures of the same area over a regular interval would be great. As I mentioned earlier, a before picture would add even more credibility to any of the analysis.