+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

@aim4hair when you have time, can you post a few recipient area photos? I think we're all every interested in really being able to follow your progress. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    anytime.. i'll post pre and post recipient photo soon..
    Aim4hair, your donor looks awesome. Can't really see scars/dots. What does Gho think about people who might have thinning in donor? Can they still get HST? Do you know?

Can you tell us how much the procedure cost you and how many hair follicles were transplanted?

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    Aim4hair, your donor looks awesome. Can't really see scars/dots. What does Gho think about people who might have thinning in donor? Can they still get HST? Do you know?
    You need to contact them directly through email and ask them, based on my experience they are very professional when it comes to email communication and would get back to you within 24 hours.
    I beleive Gho accept most cases even many of the depleted donors but if you have DUPA then you might not be a good candidate for any kind of HTs.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Can you tell us how much the procedure cost you and how many hair follicles were transplanted?
    I had 2080 grafts. prices are mentioned in their website: www.hasci.com under Rates.

I had 2080 grafts. prices are mentioned in their website: www.hasci.com under Rates.
    Was the pricing in line with the number of grafts relative to the advertised 'rate' or was it a little different?

Was the pricing in line with the number of grafts relative to the advertised 'rate' or was it a little different?
    it's the same, you pay 9400 euro for 1800 grafts and then 2.50 euro per extra graft. they charged me for 2000 grafts though.

it's the same, you pay 9400 euro for 1800 grafts and then 2.50 euro per extra graft. they charged me for 2000 grafts though.

Cool! Thanks!

*Edit: God damn, 9400 euros is a lot of money, thats $12,000 CAD I need to save up, though I dont know if I need that many grafts to cover up my temples and lower the hairline.

Hey Aim4Hair, any updates on your hair regrowth? Your initial photos after 5 weeks looked like you were already growing your hair back from the donor area.

Does that 80+ % regrowth claim 'feel' like its been holding up for you?

I'm going to weigh in on this one because I feel it really needs to be addressed with the whole 'pictures' subject and for good reason: I'm a photographer.

1) Megapixels help no matter how you look at it though realistically 8mp is more than enough to see the results for our needs, which everything on the market today would be overkill.
    2) Zoom isn't going to do as much as the lens' minimum focusing distance. You want to PHYSICALLY get close to your subject.
    3) Zooming into the subject increases the f/stop which requires either longer shutter speeds or higher ISO speeds, the latter giving poor results as there is an increase in noise.
    4) A macro lens would be ideal however these cost an arm and leg but would also not be able to give you 'the big picture' shot, you'd only get fine details.
    5) For objects like the back of the head to determine hair regrowth I'm fairly sure we'd be fine with a regular 18-55mm kit lens most SLR cameras ship with today, you just have to set the f/stop to around f/5.6 or higher as it will produce a sharper image (lower always means softer images) and the bokeh is less obvious, as in, how much is in focus, in which case, at f/5.6 on a relatively flat object up close is fine.

Tips to get your photos turning out the way you want them to (for the purpose of this thread)

1) Use soft lighting as opposed to bare light bulbs or god forbid, on camera flash. Best way is to find a room that has a lot of windows and natural light. Sometimes long fluorescent lights high above with the semi-transparent covers work quite well as the covers act somewhat like a diffuser. You want *soft* shadows not the hard shadows that on camera flash produces
    2) Get as close (physically) to your subject as possible, zooming in won't hurt but won't matter much.
    3) Theres a general rule that your shutter speed should be the same as your zoom length. Thus, if your shooting at 50mm, you'll need a shutter speed of 1/50th of a second or fast. If at 100mm zoom range, then 1/100th of a second shutter speed is necessary. This is because nobody has perfectly still hands and you'll often find slightly blurry photos because of your hand shaking. This is normal. So, just make sure your shooting at a fast enough shutter speed to get your subject (back of head and hair) as still as possible.
    4) If your using an entry level digital SLR, you'll need to factor in the crop factor. Essentially what this means is that entry level SLRs have smaller sensors than regular 35mm film, therefor zoom ranges are 1.6X or 1.5X as much, ie; 100mm becomes 160mm. That means, you'll need to shoot at 1/160 sec. if at 100mm.

I hope this helps.
    I'm going armed with a 5D mark III and 100mm 2.8 USM IS Macro