+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    Also, it would be great if you could zoom in closer with the pics so that we can see an even more detailed look, like 534623 has suggested.

*snip*

Zoomed-in pictures of the same area over a regular interval would be great. As I mentioned earlier, a before picture would add even more credibility to any of the analysis.
    Read my response above yours.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Read my response above yours.
    Great advice.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I'm going to weigh in on this one because I feel it really needs to be addressed with the whole 'pictures' subject and for good reason: I'm a photographer.

1) Megapixels help no matter how you look at it though realistically 8mp is more than enough to see the results for our needs, which everything on the market today would be overkill.
    2) Zoom isn't going to do as much as the lens' minimum focusing distance. You want to PHYSICALLY get close to your subject.
    3) Zooming into the subject increases the f/stop which requires either longer shutter speeds or higher ISO speeds, the latter giving poor results as there is an increase in noise.
    4) A macro lens would be ideal however these cost an arm and leg but would also not be able to give you 'the big picture' shot, you'd only get fine details.
    5) For objects like the back of the head to determine hair regrowth I'm fairly sure we'd be fine with a regular 18-55mm kit lens most SLR cameras ship with today, you just have to set the f/stop to around f/5.6 or higher as it will produce a sharper image (lower always means softer images) and the bokeh is less obvious, as in, how much is in focus, in which case, at f/5.6 on a relatively flat object up close is fine.

Tips to get your photos turning out the way you want them to (for the purpose of this thread)

1) Use soft lighting as opposed to bare light bulbs or god forbid, on camera flash. Best way is to find a room that has a lot of windows and natural light. Sometimes long fluorescent lights high above with the semi-transparent covers work quite well as the covers act somewhat like a diffuser. You want *soft* shadows not the hard shadows that on camera flash produces
    2) Get as close (physically) to your subject as possible, zooming in won't hurt but won't matter much.
    3) Theres a general rule that your shutter speed should be the same as your zoom length. Thus, if your shooting at 50mm, you'll need a shutter speed of 1/50th of a second or fast. If at 100mm zoom range, then 1/100th of a second shutter speed is necessary. This is because nobody has perfectly still hands and you'll often find slightly blurry photos because of your hand shaking. This is normal. So, just make sure your shooting at a fast enough shutter speed to get your subject (back of head and hair) as still as possible.
    4) If your using an entry level digital SLR, you'll need to factor in the crop factor. Essentially what this means is that entry level SLRs have smaller sensors than regular 35mm film, therefor zoom ranges are 1.6X or 1.5X as much, ie; 100mm becomes 160mm. That means, you'll need to shoot at 1/160 sec. if at 100mm.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    Thanks for sharing your results aim4hair. The donor looks excellent. I personally do not notice any scarring or thinning. I'm not sure if you took any photos of your shaved donor area before the procedure,
    those 2 pics were teken in the clinic after they shaved my donor before op.

1) pics were teken in the clinic after they shaved my donor before op.

2) right post op in the clinic:

3) almost 5 weeks post op (with clippers with no guard, the shortest you can go before razor):

in your case, with original size photos and with a good zoom-in factor, it would be an extremely easy task to calculate the donor regeneration percentage, as well as the characteristics of the fu's before and after (regrown hairs) the procedure.

It think it’s great the aim4hair is so willing to document his surgery and progress, and I think the pictures look quite impressive. However, there is no way to accurately document regeneration with these or any pictures. It is obvious that there are hairs left behind after extraction, which makes the shaved donor look great after only a couple of days, but to me it appears that Gho has found a very effective way to remove only a portion of each graft and implant the other portion into the recipient area. Is this hair multiplication or donor regeneration? We don’t know, and we will never know just by looking at photographs on the internet.

What we do know is that aim4hair’s donor looks excellent and time will tell if this is just a way of perhaps doubling one’s donor by splitting grafts or if this is something more on the lines of true hair multiplication. There also has to be some accurate assessment of recipient growth to see if the grafts are weaker or grow more than a single hair consistently. There are lots of questions, but at least we know that whatever Gho is doing seems to leave a nice seemingly minimally touched donor area after the procedure, which is very encouraging, especially for repair patients.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    1) pics were teken in the clinic after they shaved my donor before op.

2) right post op in the clinic:

3) almost 5 weeks post op (with clippers with no guard, the shortest you can go before razor):

in your case, with original size photos and with a good zoom-in factor, it would be an extremely easy task to calculate the donor regeneration percentage, as well as the characteristics of the fu's before and after (regrown hairs) the procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    We don’t know
    why do you always use "we" ?

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    It is obvious that there are hairs left behind after extraction, which makes the shaved donor look great after only a couple of days ...
    obvious?
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/3/...83uk-Day-3.jpg

you should buy new glasses.

I will try and upload more clear pics with better zoom in, im not sure if they gonna be any good as gc83uk, but who knows they might help. I do beleive in regeneration in HST but that's not the only factor that made me go for it, minimal scaring was the most important thing for me, not only to have the option of shaving my head and move forward if i don't like the result or if i lose more native hair and don't wanna continue the HT path, but also since i always keep my hair buzzed and with decent hairline it will make huge diffrence.
    Alot of ppl in forums come and ask for the buzzed look option and it it's possible to acheive through HT but then they get ppl scare them away and tell them once you go for an HT forget about shaving, and if somebody recommends HST for them, many ppl will say HST is not proven and accuse that guy to be paid by gho..
    I beleive ppl who are looking for minimal scars should know that there is an option and it's proven regardless there is regeneration or not (which as i mentioned earlier based on my researches i do beleive in regeneration).

I say this because i wanted to go for an HT for like 2 years and the only thing was stopping me is losing the option of shaving but then i found about HST, did my research and decided to go for it. So far im pretty satisfied with my donor status as for the recepient i have to wait and see but so far so good.

So far you're looking good and with your expectations and logic as to why you went this route, I think you made a good decision. We're all, different and have different goals. This was a good option for you.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    I will try and upload more clear pics with better zoom in, im not sure if they gonna be any good as gc83uk, but who knows they might help. I do beleive in regeneration in HST but that's not the only factor that made me go for it, minimal scaring was the most important thing for me, not only to have the option of shaving my head and move forward if i don't like the result or if i lose more native hair and don't wanna continue the HT path, but also since i always keep my hair buzzed and with decent hairline it will make huge diffrence.
    Alot of ppl in forums come and ask for the buzzed look option and it it's possible to acheive through HT but then they get ppl scare them away and tell them once you go for an HT forget about shaving, and if somebody recommends HST for them, many ppl will say HST is not proven and accuse that guy to be paid by gho..
    I beleive ppl who are looking for minimal scars should know that there is an option and it's proven regardless there is regeneration or not (which as i mentioned earlier based on my researches i do beleive in regeneration).

I say this because i wanted to go for an HT for like 2 years and the only thing was stopping me is losing the option of shaving but then i found about HST, did my research and decided to go for it. So far im pretty satisfied with my donor status as for the recepient i have to wait and see but so far so good.

looks great, even if regeneration is not happening hst is the real deal,
    after 2000 grafts its amazing, fue cant deliver that

I dont get why Spencer doesnt get hst himself so he can stop painting his baldspot, im dead serial abt it.

It seems the site resized your pictures, can you maybe upload the original picture(s) in original size to an filesharing website ? It would be VERY much appreciated, thanks !